Kraton New Kraton V4 6S Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_B

Reaction score
Hi,

Just this week I've taken delivery of a Kraton V4 6S. It's my first step up from 1:10 buggies and trucks.

So far I've only had it out of the box to swap the stock receiver for a Futaba one (that's a fiddly job).

I have an RPM bumper to fit and some alloy chassis braces but I think I'll wait until I know my way around the truck better before I try to fit those.

Because it's a step up, in terms of both size and power, I'm starting out running 4S with 2x 2S packs (Overlander)

When I fit the batteries they don't come up far enough for the sliding part of the battery holder to hold them down. I'm not confident they will stay put whilst running - am I missing a trick?

Also, with the batteries in place I seem to have a lot of velcro overlap - do people cut off excess?

Welcome! Are they the 5000mAh 35c 2s soft packs? They may be a little shallow, so you may have to add some velcro adhesive tape to the battery tray and between the batteries, or use some battery foam spacers to take up the slack

2s hard case packs of around the same mAh are a little taller and would be a perfect fit. I would personally use the included speed pinion, as the stock pinion will feel a little underwhelming on 4s. Also, never cut off the excess in case you need it ?

These are my 3s Overlander soft packs:

IMG_20200617_184807.jpg

Welcome! Are they the 5000mAh 35c 2s soft packs? They may be a little shallow, so you may have to add some velcro adhesive tape to the battery tray and between the batteries, or use some battery foam spacers to take up the slack

2s hard case packs of around the same mAh are a little taller and would be a perfect fit. I would personally use the included speed pinion, as the stock pinion will feel a little underwhelming on 4s. Also, never cut off the excess in case you need it ?

These are my 3s Overlander soft packs:

View attachment 85981
Hi, yes they are soft packs. I didn't realise when I ordered them.

I'll have to look for some spacers to pad things out.

They're the recommended minimum, although I've been running my 3s 35c soft packs since day one (last year) and they're still in great condition, still have low internal resistances, they don't get too warm and with no signs of puffing. That's even after using them with a Max6 and 1650kv motor. However, not that I do a lot of them, but I wouldn't use them for speed runs

I bought the batteries that my usual store includes in a bundle with the Kraton.

I didn't buy a bundle because they had no Kratons and the place I got the Kraton from had no batteries.

I'm not going to be doing anything extreme with it anyway. No speed runs or anything.

When I step up from 4S I'll look for higher rated packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back