What should I Get?

• Super wicked Kraton 8s

• He who shall not be named (X-maxx)

• Hobo hyper MT

• Tamiya Wild Willys Jeep

• HPI Savage

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who cares...im sick of this debate.

I care... And I think the debate is justified given the intent of Arrma to release this as a 1/5 scale knowing what is currently out there...

For the few that have taken the time to give a considered response I appreciate the information and it has helped inform me on my choice.

What I don't care for is the bickering, name calling and insults... I get that we are a bunch of guys (and gals?) playing with toy cars (hobby grade, super strong manly weapon cars!) but we should be able to have a mature, considered debate about a topic without resorting to name calling...

I care... And I think the debate is justified given the intent of Arrma to release this as a 1/5 scale knowing what is currently out there...

For the few that have taken the time to give a considered response I appreciate the information and it has helped inform me on my choice.

What I don't care for is the bickering, name calling and insults... I get that we are a bunch of guys (and gals?) playing with toy cars (hobby grade, super strong manly weapon cars!) but we should be able to have a mature, considered debate about a topic without resorting to name calling...

you want what you want... you do research to back up your decisions but in the end you don't listen to anyone anyway... if you like traxxas, get a traxxas... if you like arrma, get one of those... this is similar to the slash/senton, ford/chevy, bmw/mercedes debate. in the end an 8s truck is good for one thing imo, that is messing around with in a field or on a mulch pile... arrma 6s makes bashers that are stronger than any traxxas.... traxxas makes big a$$ trucks to drive in circles around yard better than arrma...

In the end an 8s truck is good for one thing imo, that is messing around with in a field or on a mulch pile... arrma 6s makes bashers that are stronger than any traxxas.... traxxas makes big a$$ trucks to drive in circles around yard better than arrma...
That seems to be the general consensus... Which I am ok with..

I like Arrma, never had a Traxxas (have driven an X-maxx so have some idea) so I don't really know what they are like... All I can go off are the opinions of people that have more information than I have on the subject, hence the question here. Apologies for poking the bear.

That seems to be the general consensus... Which I am ok with..

I like Arrma, never had a Traxxas (have driven an X-maxx so have some idea) so I don't really know what they are like... All I can go off are the opinions of people that have more information than I have on the subject, hence the question here. Apologies for poking the bear.
You should have enough info by now, no? Go pull the trigger so we can let this train wreck of a thread die.

You should have enough info by now, no? Go pull the trigger so we can let this train wreck of a thread die.

Yes and I would be more than happy for this to die... Although it is useful to weed out which accounts to ignore :)

Well I watched the count down, got all amped up for the release and then my worst fear happened. The chassis is still suspect. Instead I pulled the trigger on a nice used Xmaxx for a few hundred cheaper than new with around $400 in mods. So far I'm not disappointed with my choice. Just like the moto world, it's often best to avoid a 1st year redesign. Hopefully the V2 or V3 Kratons will have the bugs worked out. Or at least all of the weaknesses and fixes will all be common knowledge and I can purchase will confidence.

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_202831994.jpg
    IMG_20191128_202831994.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 46
Well I watched the count down, got all amped up for the release and then my worst fear happened. The chassis is still suspect. Instead I pulled the trigger on a nice used Xmaxx for a few hundred cheaper than new with around $400 in mods. So far I'm not disappointed with my choice. Just like the moto world, it's often best to avoid a 1st year redesign. Hopefully the V2 or V3 Kratons will have the bugs worked out. Or at least all of the weaknesses and fixes will all be common knowledge and I can purchase will confidence.
V1 of anything usually finds problems. The good news is that they'll get identified and perhaps resolved. The same thing happens with everything else.

I don't mean to interrupt everyone here, but WTF is going on? Is this common on the Arrma forums, or have I just been hanging out in the only sane subforums on the Arrma Forum? I'm not feeling so bad about all the hate on my last YT video... ?
Hey at least after I took some shots on your video I remembered to point out that it was a good video with good points right? I might have been inebriated during my first comment anyway so..

I was also disappointed that it wasn't a huge outcast so yesterday I ordered a new x-maxx!
When the notorious xxl comes out I'll likely buy it

No debate for me , I already own an 8s Xmaxx and its been great ( ripping around the fields , light / medium jumping at the BMX track ) , breaks were front bumper , body getting destroyed , and lost a rear hub bearing . I call it as I see it , it is probably the best truck that Traxxas makes/made !!!
That said , I wouldn't buy any more Traxxas , been collecting 6s Arrmas now , waiting for the Kraton 8s to hit my LHS and going to get one . Going to treat the K8S the same way . Not looking to send to the moon , or do back/front flips . To me , it's a $900 toy , I don't want to destroy it , or have to spend $400 more in upgrades to drive it . I am looking forward to run both of them together with my daughter .

So I’m sure everyone is just going crazy in anticipation for an update on what I got ;) so I can all put you out of your misery (and maybe this thread too) and say that I jumped on the eBay Black Friday sales and ended up getting a new X-maxx at a really decent price ($1049AUD).

I know this is an Arrma forum so saying I bought an X-maxx feels weird but there you go. Now I get to look forward to driving together with my son and my BRCC which is all good...

For completeness, I did hear from my LHS that the Kraton 8s would be in soon at the $1549AUD mark and I could have one when they get in but I think as arrma_tiger said the V1 will always have problems that will be fixed in later revisions or upgrades as the issues get found. Maybe an 8s Outcast will be my next Arrma. ?

Also, Looking harder at the 2nd hand market, most of the “8s” X-maxxs appeared to just be the old 6s with a Max 6 to make it 8s. And they were still listing for around the $1000 mark too so in the end the new vs 2nd hand debate wasn’t as strong both price and quality wise...

So I’m sure everyone is just going crazy in anticipation for an update on what I got ;) so I can all put you out of your misery (and maybe this thread too) and say that I jumped on the eBay Black Friday sales and ended up getting a new X-maxx at a really decent price ($1049AUD).

I know this is an Arrma forum so saying I bought an X-maxx feels weird but there you go. Now I get to look forward to driving together with my son and my BRCC which is all good...

For completeness, I did hear from my LHS that the Kraton 8s would be in soon at the $1549AUD mark and I could have one when they get in but I think as arrma_tiger said the V1 will always have problems that will be fixed in later revisions or upgrades as the issues get found. Maybe an 8s Outcast will be my next Arrma. ?

Also, Looking harder at the 2nd hand market, most of the “8s” X-maxxs appeared to just be the old 6s with a Max 6 to make it 8s. And they were still listing for around the $1000 mark too so in the end the new vs 2nd hand debate wasn’t as strong both price and quality wise...
I could see them updating the bracing system bit as far as the chassis goes, a future version will have the same one. I can all but guarantee that.

Can't blame you for going Xmaxx when it costs $500 Monopoly money less. That's a huge difference.

Also, Looking harder at the 2nd hand market, most of the “8s” X-maxxs appeared to just be the old 6s with a Max 6 to make it 8s.

It wasn't so easy. The first Xmaxx release was 6s capable, the esc and the drivetrain wasn't 8s capable. Few months after the 6s had been released, traxxas put the 8s on the market with a new ESC and a complet revisited drivetrain. The 6s owners had to pay 700$ to convert their 6s to a 8s capable truck, the final cost was close to 1500$ (6s truck + convertion kit). When i did see this, i thought about all the TRX customers who had bought the 6s which had lost all interest even for selling it as second hand, because the 6s truck was really underpowered. The first TRX Xmaxx 6s owners were the total loser in this game.

I believe the kraton is more fun as a 6s vehicle and the xmxxx fills that omg giant monster truck feels
I think this is how I feel too... Aftermarket for the 6s kraton is massive...

It wasn't so easy. The first Xmaxx release was 6s capable, the esc and the drivetrain wasn't 8s capable. Few months after the 6s had been released, traxxas put the 8s on the market with a new ESC and a complet revisited drivetrain. The 6s owners had to pay 700$ to convert their 6s to a 8s capable truck, the final cost was close to 1500$ (6s truck + convertion kit). When i did see this, i thought about all the TRX customers who had bought the 6s which had lost all interest even for selling it as second hand, because the 6s truck was really underpowered. The first TRX Xmaxx 6s owners were the total loser in this game.
Yeah that is the problem... and the end result is alot of 8s X-maxx’s with 6s differentials which doesn’t sound good to me... And its real tricky to work out the versions from the outside. Just safer to get a new 8s if the price isn’t significantly different...

So the XMaxx is the only large scale RC you've ever purchased. Gotcha.

My only issue with you is that you are complaining that they didn't include a speed pinion. I think that's silly.

Stop. Please, just stop. You make it sound like you are the voice of reason and you are anything but. You've been banned from the Traxxas forum and you've been sent on vacation from here before. It doesn't take long to see through your bullsh!t. This is an incredible forum with great people. 99% of the time it's drama free. Maybe that's what bothers you the most.
lol your only problem with the guy is that he hasn’t spoken negative about me. And stop crying about me being banned from the traxxas forum. Almost like you’re trying to make people think I got banned for a good reason, or that I was causing trouble. Not sure how long it’s gonna take you to realize that you and few others are the only people here who think I’m useless... I mean get over it. What’s wrong... are you intimidated by me? Are you scared that I’m going to shoot down your points because you’ve only been in rc for 3 years vs my 20? Your lack of experience is just really making you sound ignorant man. If you stopped crying and looked at the big picture, just because I say facts and what I’ve been through contradicts what your experience with arrma and only arrma has been, doesn’t mean it’s wrong. I’m just here to help people dude. C o n s t r u c t i v e.

And the vacation from here was to work overtime to provide for my family. The one you cursed a little while ago because you were jealous I was able to get places in life... because I’m suchhh a bad personnnn

lol your only problem with the guy is that he hasn’t spoken negative about me. And stop crying about me being banned from the traxxas forum. Almost like you’re trying to make people think I got banned for a good reason, or that I was causing trouble. Not sure how long it’s gonna take you to realize that you and few others are the only people here who think I’m useless... I mean get over it. What’s wrong... are you intimidated by me? Are you scared that I’m going to shoot down your points because you’ve only been in rc for 3 years vs my 20? Your lack of experience is just really making you sound ignorant man. If you stopped crying and looked at the big picture, just because I say facts and what I’ve been through contradicts what your experience with arrma and only arrma has been, doesn’t mean it’s wrong. I’m just here to help people dude. C o n s t r u c t i v e.

And the vacation from here was to work overtime to provide for my family. The one you cursed a little while ago because you were jealous I was able to get places in life... because I’m suchhh a bad personnnn
Better late than never, Nuuuuuuumbnut! ? I guess I can add delusional to your list.

Better late than never, Nuuuuuuumbnut! ? I guess I can add delusional to your list.
I don’t got time to hover over a forum for 23 out of the 24 hours a day lol. can’t lie, you almost got away with that insult!

Got xmaxx day 1 available,also have a v2 talion,aluminum braces ,rc juice,hobby star system. Looked at kraton 8s today,its cool,BUT I didn't like how the servo saver is supported,biggest bust about vehicle I believe.Kraton 8s has wider wheel base which I like,but most Xmaxx guys are in aware that Kershaw design wheels offset rims give xmaxx as wide a wheel base as 8s kraton. Wait the winter here an see how you tube guys do with there's.

Back