What should I Get?

• Super wicked Kraton 8s

• He who shall not be named (X-maxx)

• Hobo hyper MT

• Tamiya Wild Willys Jeep

• HPI Savage

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe because Arrma forum??
fair point I'd say - my vote is biased as I don't own any of the others but took the Kraton finally out today and it was a blast - I don't know how some people say it doesn't have enough punch out of the box - bound to my DX4Pro - quickly trimmed to run straight on a deserted industrial estate - taken to the field - wow what a blast - I actually consider taming it down a bit. I am not sure if its as my DX4pro doesn't use AVC yet or what else it may be but the Kraton went off like a beast, power slides and everything - I am delighted to say that watching a lot of videos and reading different posts resulted in the perfect purchase for me, I may even tame it down a bit for the moment until I am 100% comfortable with it but it was a real blast - would easily recommend it for someone else but I guess cant say much about durability or longevity yet BUT I didnt break or bent a thing on the first day

There is a dedicated forum for this buggy also, the link is at the end of this page. I took a look, not that much people there.
don't see a link anywhere, but that buggy is not popular but it should be

rampage forum.JPG

Has anyone else noticed the trolls have starved to death and gone away? ???I'll all bit guarantee you will never see these clowns again, even the one who said he owned an Arrma ?

Has anyone else noticed the trolls have starved to death and gone away? ???I'll all bit guarantee you will never see these clowns again, even the one who said he owned an Arrma ?
They left as soon as I hit ignore ??‍♂️?

I'll give you my perspective from countless hours of research in the last 3 days.

They are both awesome and huge vehicles.

There ya go. The X-maxx has been around a while, parts are plentiful and relatively cheap, and everyone knows what to expect.

The Kraton I'm sure is more stable (Truggy vs. MT) and looks to have a very solid design.

I had pre-ordered a Kraton 8s from Tower, but over the weekend I scored a X-maxx on ebay for $617.49 shipped so today I cancelled my pre-order.

I may regret it, but for now $300 is a big enough savings that I'll risk it.

I'll give you my perspective from countless hours of research in the last 3 days.

They are both awesome and huge vehicles.

There ya go. The X-maxx has been around a while, parts are plentiful and relatively cheap, and everyone knows what to expect.

The Kraton I'm sure is more stable (Truggy vs. MT) and looks to have a very solid design.

I had pre-ordered a Kraton 8s from Tower, but over the weekend I scored a X-maxx on ebay for $617.49 shipped so today I cancelled my pre-order.

I may regret it, but for now $300 is a big enough savings that I'll risk it.
Yup and that is the reason I ended up with an X-maxx too... A Kraton would be fantastic but they’re still new, expensive and hard to get in AUS. I ended up with a good score on ebay too (not as good as yours though) so went the X-maxx route. The good thing is they seem to hold their value well so if I do want to flog it later it should be reasonably ok...

Can we be part os a secret Traxxas subculture within the Arrma forum? Maybe Traxxma?

I have several arrma's, since a couple of weeks I got a new x-maxx and must say it's really nice to be able to get parts right away instead of having to order them each time

My least driven truck is my Notorious. Love the way it looks, not a fan of the way it drives. From all I've seen on the Xmaxx, I'd probably hate the way it drives too. Rolling over in turns and retrieving the body that just flew off is very unappealing to me. I couldn't be happier with my Kraton 8S. Drives like a dream and it would run circles around an Xmaxx. Glad you guys like yours though ?

I get you. Thing is,I love my notorious and my kraton is the one which is not being driven.

Like you I was afraid that the x-maxx would roll over all the time and that the body would fly of each time I crashed. I guess I'm a better driver than I thought or the x-maxx is better than expected since the body not once flew off and the car drives much better than expected.

I like the notorious because of the skill level it takes to drive. I like that it wheelies all the time and how controllable it is in the air. In a way the kraton is too boring for me. I don't need a 30ft jump to get a kick. I like the looks of my kraton but I might sell it because like the notorious and x-maxx more

All it takes is a look in my garage to see I have a ton of MTs. I don't particularly like the way they drive but I love any car that can roll over anything. If it has big wheels, I'm game. I have my fair share my small wheel off-road cars but they all have setups that can deal with the rough stuff.
Can we be part os a secret Traxxas subculture within the Arrma forum? Maybe Traxxma?
I've owned an X-Maxx for EVERY day of its existence, 6s, 8s, modded, wrecked, & everything in between. I bought the 6s day 1 of release & it's been a rollercoaster ride ever since. It's a pig & a very hateful sow when it's down but awesome when it's running. I can't imagine my RC stable w/o it, but the Kraton kept me in RC for years even when my 1st X was a pile of scrap. 1 can't replace the other in my book. They're just too different.

I get you. Thing is,I love my notorious and my kraton is the one which is not being driven.

Like you I was afraid that the x-maxx would roll over all the time and that the body would fly of each time I crashed. I guess I'm a better driver than I thought or the x-maxx is better than expected since the body not once flew off and the car drives much better than expected.

I like the notorious because of the skill level it takes to drive. I like that it wheelies all the time and how controllable it is in the air. In a way the kraton is too boring for me. I don't need a 30ft jump to get a kick. I like the looks of my kraton but I might sell it because like the notorious and x-maxx more
My 6S Kraton is running a Max6 with a Hobbystar 4092 1730kv motor. Boring is not the world I would use to describe it ?

Got xmaxx day 1 available,also have a v2 talion,aluminum braces ,rc juice,hobby star system. Looked at kraton 8s today,its cool,BUT I didn't like how the servo saver is supported,biggest bust about vehicle I believe.Kraton 8s has wider wheel base which I like,but most Xmaxx guys are in aware that Kershaw design wheels offset rims give xmaxx as wide a wheel base as 8s kraton. Wait the winter here an see how you tube guys do with there's.
I have to agree with you about that servo saver support on the plastic tub. I have a feeling that will be a problem. I'm going to make an aluminum support and captivate it if mine flies out.

I would love to drive that! I want more speed in my notorious but can't due to temperatures. I'm eyeballing that hobbystar motor for a while now
It's a strong motor but you have to treat it like a consumable. At some point it will consume itself ? They definitely need fans and if you overheat them regularly they will fail sooner rather than later.

Back