Kraton new kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hay new to this form i have a question I'm getting a new kraton i was wondering if a single (3s lipo 5000mah 11.1v 50c) would work

Hi and welcome to the forum. The Kraton is a 6s setup, and the motor, gearing and esc are designed with that in mind. By running only 3s, you may end up putting a strain on the motor and electronics. There are members who run 4s, without issue.
I would contact Horizon Hobby support with this question and wait on their response. Wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

I wouldn't recommend it as Notorious mentioned, it will put a strain on your electronics and could cause issues.
If this question is because you already have a 3s battery, you can just pick up a second one and run the two of them together. The car comes equipped for that.

Also welcome to the forums :)

Welcome and i’m Sure you will love the Kraton (everyone loves The Kraton :)). Kraton will run fine on 4s but i’m Not sure 3s is a good idea for reasons mentioned

Yes, there is an option.

5S can be run as long as the ESC is set to Ni-cad/nihm, the only thing lost is LVC which I am already use to not having it and can tell when its close to 3.5v by the feel of the truck. In fact I would say the sweet spot of the ESC is on 5S, 4S is ok but kind ot boring, 6S is too much power and gets heavy quick. I can spare one cell and use it instead for more mah.

The Talion ESC has never seen lipo setting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back