Kraton New light upgrade kit, wheelie bar, She will be all ready real soon!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon 6s
So last week I had something completely unfortunate happen to my baby, THE MOTOR SHAFT JUST CRACKED!!!??? I had just turned her on and started driving to do a speed run, turned around and SNAPPP!!!! SMDH I'm so upset on top of that horizon said motors are in backorder and the date is TBD SMH WHYYYY!!?!?! So I have made the ultimate decision y'all, CONVERT HER TO 12S BABY YEAAAHHHHH LOL!!!! I can not wait she is going to be a BEAST!!!!! I will be doing this very very soon so stay tuned Arrma Fam!! I have also added a light kit and wheelie bar! She's coming along real nice!!!

20200825_201347.jpg

20200825_201406.jpg

20200825_201420.jpg

20200831_210928.jpg

20200831_210943.jpg

20200831_211022.jpg

20200831_211040.jpg

20200821_150040.jpg

20200821_150225.jpg

20200821_150108.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you fitting that motor? That will not fit in the stock location.
@Niz55 Yea I know, I'm going to have My Tobbies customize it for me they are going to flip it completely around to the other side of the rig I'm probably doing it in about 2 weeks or so I can't run it until then it sucks all the upgrades I ordered came in right after IT BROKE haha terrible man but it is what it is!

Lovely!
I had the same shaft motor shaft issue, and I know someone who had the same too!
What light kit are you using and where did you get the shocks socks by the way?

@Niz55 Yea I know, I'm going to have My Tobbies customize it for me I'm probably doing it in about 2 weeks or so I can't run it until then it sucks all the upgrades I ordered came in right after IT BROKE haha terrible man but it's what it is!
Lovely!
I had the same shaft motor shaft issue, and I know someone who had the same too!
What light kit are you using and where did you get the shocks socks by the way?
No way really into the same thing happened to you?! That's crazy because they told me they've never heard of anyone having that issue and it's a factory defect smdh!! Well glad to know I'm not alone and the shock socks and the light kit I found on ebay, they are the ones that hang off the front bumper basically (right next to it one on each side) Face sickly where the arm a logo is right there where the diff cases are Basically where is a little nameplate on it and it just goes on right there I will post a picture in this thread of each one so you can see

Last edited:
No way really into the same thing happened to you?! That's crazy because they told me they've never heard of anyone having that issue and it's a factory defect smdh!! Well glad to know I'm not alone and the shock socks and the light kit I found on ebay, they are the ones that hang off the front bumper basically (right next to it one on each side) Face sickly where the arm a logo is right there where the diff cases are Basically where is a little nameplate on it and it just goes on right there I will post a picture in this thread of each one so you can see

3952CC32-5D3C-47B0-95E1-6B73BD8B63A7.jpeg

E3BE7C17-331C-40B0-A971-814DDE95ECBD.jpeg

@Mad78 Here are the pics man

Screenshot_20200901-052236_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-052244_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-052257_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-052257_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-052321_eBay.jpg

Oh no dude LMAO I can't believe that!! that is ridiculous I'm sorry to hear that man it sucks doesn't it you spend $1500 on a car well I did I needed batteries and a charger but that's besides the point, you spend all that money on the car and then the damn motor shaft breaks it's unbelievable!! I'm upset but it still doesn't change my opinion about Arrma or horizon hobby know they are a very good brand they make really really good trucks and everything so it's just an unfortunate situation let me ask you a question tho, how do you think it happened?? @madf78
No problem!

Oh no dude LMAO I can't believe that!! that is ridiculous I'm sorry to hear that man it sucks doesn't it you spend $1500 on a car well I did I needed batteries and a charger but that's besides the point, you spend all that money on the car and then the damn motor shaft breaks it's unbelievable!! I'm upset but it still doesn't change my opinion about Arrma or horizon hobby know they are a very good brand they make really really good trucks and everything so it's just an unfortunate situation let me ask you a question tho, how do you think it happened?? @madf78

No problem!
1) This happens because the shaft do not support the wait of the motor. Bad motor mount design and due to bump, jumps and so on, the shaft brakes after sometime under motor weight pressure
Same for, CVD shaft, chassis (etc) that bend under the car weight. Mime became banana like!
2) I wish it was only 1500$! I spend twice maybe 3x times that:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-build-in-details-paint-job-photos-but-is-it-still-a-k8s.27011/

Last edited:
@Niz55 Yea I know, I'm going to have My Tobbies customize it for me they are going to flip it completely around to the other side of the rig I'm probably doing it in about 2 weeks or so I can't run it until then it sucks all the upgrades I ordered came in right after IT BROKE haha terrible man but it is what it is!

I don’t know how this will be possible. It certainly is too big to fit normally, it will hit the Ackerman. Where else will this motor fit without major mods? I’ve got about a 2mm clearance with a 56113 during a full right turn.
12s is going to be crazy (if you can get it to work). Rumour control says these ZTW ESC’s like to go up in flames (I’ve no personal experience with them).

Was a Castle or Hobbywing combo out of the question?
Good luck though, I look forward to seeing the end result.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back