New limitless 8s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durham Rc Guy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Should I use a gyro and b link..?? Currently running castle 1717 esc combo, futuba 7pxr, futuba hc 500 servo, spektrum charger and battery, and a few more things ..

A Gyro is not essential at all.
A B-link yes for sure.(y) Absolutely.
A Gyro may drive you crazy or not. They can be tempermental especially the RX/Gyro combos. The frustration might limit your focus on the actual speed running, your objective. Been there. I would experiment with stand alone gyro if anything, like the SkyRC GC-401. Has 3 Gyro curves. And one curve is best suited for straight running at speed. Not Drifting for example. ( a different response curve altogether)
Just my thoughts. I would keep it simple at first and dial in your speed etc. Get comfortable without a Gyro first. Just me. But I do have them. And they can be a bear to the point I would disable them. Due to Oscillation issues. Rig just becomes completely undriveable until you sort it out. Gyros need to be properly mounted and contributes to much of the issues sometimes. And some Servo/ Gyro combinations just don't work well. Can be hit or miss. Has to do with the Servo operating frequency.

For bashing drifting a gyro can be handy. For speedrunning i wouldn't call it necessary, it should be dialed in to drive straight anyways.

a PPS motor mount, improved spool/driveshafts and bearings are better upgrades
Agree, A gyro will just mask a poorly setup chassis/rig in alot of cases. For speed running not needed. Going straight anyway. I don't feel it will make you faster or a better driver. Maybe its a psychological crutch if that.:unsure: But I do play with them. They are never truly dead on. Not for speed running at least. Especially over 100MPH.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back