Limitless New Limitless and Castle 1717 8s system coming!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Wassup yall,

I have a limitless along with the new castle 8s 1650kv motor system coming. I will post a review of this new system when I can.

What gearing should I use for:

Parking lot bashing?
Speedruns of 100 and 120mph respectively?

Wassup yall,

I have a limitless along with the new castle 8s 1650kv motor system coming. I will post a review of this new system when I can.

What gearing should I use for:

Parking lot bashing?
Speedruns of 100 and 120mph respectively?
For bashing grab a 46T center diff with a 20T pinion.

For speed runs start with the stock setup 27T/34T and learn how that runs first. Then gear up after mastering that speed. You’ll eventually get to a point where you are tuning overgeared like 34/29 but you need to take baby steps unless you’ve done speed runs before and know how to handle a car above 100mph.

wait, do i need to buy another center diff??
whats the stock diff?

I've got the exact same setup. Mamba X 8S 1717 1650kv. I have never run mine, it's my second summer project alongside my Typhon. The original spool has a 34T spur gear attached to it. To deviate from that, you would need to do one of two things. Order some 8mm pinions and use them as spur gears or replace the spool entirely with with a center differential from an Infraction. That center differential comes with a 46T spur gear. Also note that is a live differential and not a spool like what originally ships with the limitless. No pun intended, but your gearing options are almost limitless!

Can I just put a bigger spur gear on it for bashing ?

Can I just put a bigger spur gear on it for bashing ?
That's what I did with my Lim, I just parking lot bash and at HUGE lots I would keep the spool in (39t one)

BUT, if accelerating from tight turns it'll still be pretty big power draw to get going optimal speed.

for smaller lots where I need to break more for tight turns I would drop in my Mojave center diff into the lim and used a 16t pinion. run times went up allot! acceleration was fast but not nearly as much a power draw.

of course top speed is greatly affected.

just me but I moreless aimed to gear right around the max speed I could hit in the particular parking lot...all to extend run times.

when I first ran it I use stock gearing and was a small lot, was kind of terrible lol insanely fast, got electronics "hot" and drained batts FAST (like under 10 min)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back