Limitless New Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauritzs

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I’m thinking of buying an limitless and try out some speed runs. It’s my first Arrma and speed run car, so I’m not planning to break any records. But maybe around 100 mph to start with.

Thinking to use Hobbywing ESC and motor. So maybe an Max5 ESC. And then hobbywing themselves recommended Ezrun 4274 or 4985. Which do you think?

Also, do you have any recommendations for servo and transmitter/receiver.

thanks!

That will work for a while, but I would highly suggest the MMX8S instead as it will take you further in the end than a HW ESC. As for motor, that’s up to you and your budget. Also depends if you’re flipping the motor mount or keeping two battery trays.

That will work for a while, but I would highly suggest the MMX8S instead as it will take you further in the end than a HW ESC. As for motor, that’s up to you and your budget. Also depends if you’re flipping the motor mount or keeping two battery trays.
Thanks for the reply. Okay, I will see if I find any resellers in Sweden for an mmx8s.
I’m kinda new to all this. What KV do you recommend? Think I will keep the two battery trays.

Thanks for the reply. Okay, I will see if I find any resellers in Sweden for an mmx8s.
I’m kinda new to all this. What KV do you recommend? Think I will keep the two battery trays.
I agree with @jondilly1974 above. Get a MMX8s if you can. It fits in the factory configuration with some small amount of trimming and is waaaaaaay better for speed use.

For motors assuming you want to stick with 6s anything around 40x74mm and around 2000 KV would be fine.
TP Power TP4050 is a solid choice or you could go with SSS motors, Castle, and many others.

For the radio if you have a tight budget I would look into the Radiolink RC6GS V2. It is very cost effective and proven to have excellent range beyond 1000ft.

The Limitless is probably the best car to get into high speeds with. Very stable and plenty of parts available at reasonable costs. (y)
Also a great forum here to help you along the way.

The 1717 would be an expensive, but great choice. What I chose was the TP 4050CM 2300kv, but I am doing just speed runs. If you plan on bashing as well, I would choose a lower KV.

I agree with @jondilly1974 above. Get a MMX8s if you can. It fits in the factory configuration with some small amount of trimming and is waaaaaaay better for speed use.

For motors assuming you want to stick with 6s anything around 40x74mm and around 2000 KV would be fine.
TP Power TP4050 is a solid choice or you could go with SSS motors, Castle, and many others.

For the radio if you have a tight budget I would look into the Radiolink RC6GS V2. It is very cost effective and proven to have excellent range beyond 1000ft.

The Limitless is probably the best car to get into high speeds with. Very stable and plenty of parts available at reasonable costs. (y)
Also a great forum here to help you along the way.
Thanks for the detailed reply! Is that strictly to use with speed runs then? Or could you do some bashing?

Found this in Sweden: Mamba Monster X 8S 33,6V 1717-1650KV Sensor Combo. Would that work? Or should it be a higher KV.

Can’t find the radiolink here, but I can order it from banggood I think. Is the spektrum dx5 any good?

And did you have any suggestions for servo?

Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed reply! Is that strictly to use with speed runs then? Or could you do some bashing?

Found this in Sweden: Mamba Monster X 8S 33,6V 1717-1650KV Sensor Combo. Would that work? Or should it be a higher KV.

Can’t find the radiolink here, but I can order it from banggood I think. Is the spektrum dx5 any good?

Thanks!
The MMX8S 1717 combo would be very good if it fits your budget. You can bash or speed run with that setup. You will need larger pinions for speed runs, but that is pretty easy to find as well.

For a radio, I would highly suggest not going Spektrum as they don't have the best reputation for range. I would stick with Futaba or Flysky.

Thanks!
Yes the MMX8s with 1717 combo would be excellent for use in both bashing and speed.
The difference would be the pinion you install. Jon could advise well on that as he has this motor.

Spektrum radios are just ok. They might safely get you to 100mph. Their range is very weak!

Nice, thanks. Then I will get the 1717 combo!

Found the Radiolink RC6GS in Sweden now, but not the v2. Maybe not as good in range then?

What pinion do recommend for bashing and for speed runs then?

Thanks again for all the help!

Nice, thanks. Then I will get the 1717 combo!

Found the Radiolink RC6GS in Sweden now, but not the v2. Maybe not as good in range then?

What pinion do recommend for bashing and for speed runs then?

Thanks again for all the help!
The stock gears (27T/34T) will be fine for bashing and getting started with speed runs. Master that setup down a road and get some passes under your belt, then worry about going up to probably a 34/34 setup. You may end up overdriving the gearing 37/34 or 34/27 but worry about that way down the road. If you try a 34/34 pass first thing, you’ll likely crash quickly as making a 100mph+ pass isn’t as simple as pulling the throttle. You can only prepare by making hits over and over. In time you will be ready for more gearing, but do yourself a huge favor and dial in your skills at 27/34 and you will be better for it.

As you do not really seem to be on a tight budget i would skip the radiolink. It's definitely one of the best budget radios and it's range is one of the best. But in build quality and precision, radiolink does not get close to the top of the charts. What good is range if it's hard to keep a straight line? I would suggest the flysky noble NB4 for better build quality, features and arguably only a little less range for still a very acceptable price.

As you do not really seem to be on a tight budget i would skip the radiolink. It's definitely one of the best budget radios and it's range is one of the best. But in build quality and precision, radiolink does not get close to the top of the charts. What good is range if it's hard to keep a straight line? I would suggest the flysky noble NB4 for better build quality, features and arguably only a little less range for still a very acceptable price.
Good point, I will definitely check that out!
Thank you sir?

Along those lines you can also get a Futaba with FASST, however to have the same features of the Noble you would probably need the Futaba 7PX which is $$$$

The stock gears (27T/34T) will be fine for bashing and getting started with speed runs. Master that setup down a road and get some passes under your belt, then worry about going up to probably a 34/34 setup. You may end up overdriving the gearing 37/34 or 34/27 but worry about that way down the road. If you try a 34/34 pass first thing, you’ll likely crash quickly as making a 100mph+ pass isn’t as simple as pulling the throttle. You can only prepare by making hits over and over. In time you will be ready for more gearing, but do yourself a huge favor and dial in your skills at 27/34 and you will be better for it.
Perfect, sounds like a good plan to start with. I don’t want to crash it right away.

Once again, thanks!

Hi!
I’m thinking of buying an limitless and try out some speed runs. It’s my first Arrma and speed run car, so I’m not planning to break any records. But maybe around 100 mph to start with.

Thinking to use Hobbywing ESC and motor. So maybe an Max5 ESC. And then hobbywing themselves recommended Ezrun 4274 or 4985. Which do you think?

Also, do you have any recommendations for servo and transmitter/receiver.

thanks!
my first build was a Max5 with a 4985, when you cut the splitters, adjust rake you can easily hit the 120mph. But really, check your rake angle, i learned it in this forum. Limitless will go airborn at ~100mph otherwise
Arrma may forgive me, but i am using a TQ1 Transmitter because i wanted to have TSM. We tested range up do 1000m on open field and worked fine.

1631374146166.png

1631374174905.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back