Limitless New Limitless setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
With all the cold and rain in LA for the past couple months, conditions haven't been ideal for speedrunning and testing so I have been just messing around and trying out different things.. I got my chassis brace/esc mount the other day and finally have everything installed. Most of the work was in getting rake and ride height setup right, getting suspension right with droop screws and preload, adding fuel line tubing on the rear shock shafts as a limiter, changing to 500k diff oil front and back, things like that that are small but make a difference. I still need to clean up the wiring and fan battery situation a little and add a few remaining details but its mostly done.. Who am I kidding, I guess I'm never really done building these things lol. I have another Limitless I'm building that will be on 8s running a closed body, when its ready I'll post it up here.. For now here's my 6s with stock body. Any questions ask away, I love talking about building RC

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 205
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 158
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 165
Very nice! We've got 6" of snow on the ground, and more coming tonight, so I feel your pain!

How do you set your droop screws? I haven't touched mine and I'm a bit fuzzy on how to do it.

Yeah I’m interested in the fans as well. Wondering how much air they move with those deep blades.

Very nice! We've got 6" of snow on the ground, and more coming tonight, so I feel your pain!

How do you set your droop screws? I haven't touched mine and I'm a bit fuzzy on how to do it.
Very easy, locate the holes in the lower arms both front and rear (see pic) and look for a long screw that should be in it. The picture shows the hole in the rear of the Limitless. The holes are usually at the innermost part of the suspension arm, near the diff case. The screws themselves look like longer versions of grub screws that secure pinions to motor shafts. With a 2 or 2.5mm hex driver you adjust the height of the screw, driving it in deeper causes the screw to contact the chassis and raise up the suspension arm, pushing the chassis down and lowering ride height.. and the opposite, unscrewing it raises the screw off the chassis and raises ride height. The screw stays where you set it and doesn’t move. It all sounds complicated but once you do it once you’ll understand it easily. Each corner should be done independently after the car is loaded with motor, batteries, ESC to dial in a perfect ride height.
Looks great! Are those the Nicks turbo fans? Is that another FB only product? (been trying to find em')

Hi Liberty, yes indeed it is a Nicks turbo fan.. Pricy but worth it, it pushes a lot of air and cools down any motor quickly.. I run it off a dedicated 1.3 mah 3s battery using a connector supplied by Nick that connects to the balance plug of the battery. He can take a while to respond but eventually he will, I know he has many orders to fill so he’s pretty busy. I contacted him through messenger

Attachments

• A9F3746F-641B-4446-A6B6-54129FBDBD76.jpeg
    A9F3746F-641B-4446-A6B6-54129FBDBD76.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Oh, I know what droop is, I wasn't sure what "number" to adjust it to.
Ok I see, I try to set it so the front is as low as it can be without scraping the ground when I get off the throttle hard, or go over rough pavement, etc. On the Limitless the front splitter sticks out so far that it will touch easily even with a relatively high front ride height. I generally set the rear at 5 or 6mm higher than the front

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back