Limitless New limitless, suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonyoungbar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My limitless arrives tomorrow, any suggestions on the combo I should put in it. I’m thinking max 5 with the 800kv motor.

As @Mr.Duke said it depends what your plans for it are. Either way even if you speed ran 800kv is quite a bit too low kv motor so I'd suggest at least a different motor with the Max 5.

How do you intend to run it?
Parking lot basher geared under 90 or speed runs 100+?
First speed run car, I have a infraction for a parking lot basher. Do you suggest a different motor? I planned on trying to get comfortable doing 100mph passes before doing anything to crazy

The max5 will limit your max rpm/amp draw, which won't get you past ~120mph
A 2028 is a very big can (and the 800kv quite low in terms of finding matching gearing)

If you want to keep the stock battery/motor configuration, you are restricted to a max motor length of ~90 mm, like a CC1717 or TP4050. Reversing the motor mount gives you all the motor space you can wish, but needs some battery placement adjustment.

I'd suggest to look at the buildlogs of the many limitless owners here, and chose a path that suits you

The max5 will limit your max rpm/amp draw, which won't get you past ~120mph
A 2028 is a very big can (and the 800kv quite low in terms of finding matching gearing)

If you want to keep the stock battery/motor configuration, you are restricted to a max motor length of ~90 mm, like a CC1717 or TP4050. Reversing the motor mount gives you all the motor space you can wish, but needs some battery placement adjustment.

I'd suggest to look at the buildlogs of the many limitless owners here, and chose a path that suits you
I appreciate the feedback and the information. I’ll take a look at the buildlogs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back