Felony NEW LINE OF TP MOTORS (SVM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Dropped june 12.only info I can find is on ebay...more power,rpms across the 4040,4050,4060,4070 motors...big gains in the 4040,4050 motors...old 4050cm was 5100w max......91000rpm max!!!

Screenshot_20220619-085618_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-085444_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-085702_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-003513_eBay.jpg

TP CM motors are the best value, IMHO with TP motors. They have well balanced armatures. BB's will also last longer as a result. What separates the men from the boys with any BLX motor. Handles Higher RPMS better. Speed runners love them. What I know at least.
They are on my wish list for sure.(y)

There also appears to be a new line of "pro" motors. First one I've found is the 4070 which offers not only the option of an 8mm shaft but is billed with the following blurb:
Using the best materials the professional motor can reach a better performance, e.g. lower internal resistance, higher efficiency and so on, compared to the classic motors.
1655664486660.png

1655664580820.png

TP seems to have horrible marketing to go along with their horrible customer service.

Finding out about a new motor line from a forum post that only references an eBay listing with no sign of it on their own website at least? 🙄

There appear to be some problems in China where TP has their motors made. A few days ago I noticed that I could no longer order custom motors from their distributor in Germany. Well, you can but only from the 20 and 29 series motors (and even those have notices of heavy delays due to C19 restrictions). They still have stuff in stock but no more custom orders. Looks like I got the order for mine off just in time 6 weeks ago. Is anyone else seeing similar issues at their TP distributors?

There appear to be some problems in China where TP has their motors made. A few days ago I noticed that I could no longer order custom motors from their distributor in Germany. Well, you can but only from the 20 and 29 series motors (and even those have notices of heavy delays due to C19 restrictions). They still have stuff in stock but no more custom orders. Looks like I got the order for mine off just in time 6 weeks ago. Is anyone else seeing similar issues at their TP distributors?
I ordered the sensored tp 5650 from rmamba on june 8th iirc. The listing said it would take about 3 weeks for it to be made/shipped. Hasn't been 3 weeks yet but he hasn't said anything about a delay.

I ordered the sensored tp 5650 from rmamba on june 8th iirc. The listing said it would take about 3 weeks for it to be made/shipped. Hasn't been 3 weeks yet but he hasn't said anything about a delay.
I made a custom order on May 9th and, joy of joys, it's arriving today.

TP seems to have horrible marketing to go along with their horrible customer service.

Finding out about a new motor line from a forum post that only references an eBay listing with no sign of it on their own website at least? 🙄
I think it’s just their presence in the US isn’t as connected.
I check out the r mamba eBay page often because they are in China and always the first to drop new motors. It’s not advertised like castle products but for the die hard runners it’s up to us to search out new products. I saw these motors pop up the day they released because admit I look on there almost everyday😁

It does take a while to get motors from them but they do have more options. Just like ordering from gpm it’s a minimum of two to three weeks for parts that they have in stock
I only order from Tp power USA if I know the motor is in stock. They don’t have an updated data page on their site because it’s not a large company here.

As far as these new motors go I also have a feeling new larger can motors are coming as well.
It will be interesting to see how these svm perform as I didn’t care for the scm 4070 I tried over my cm versions

They probably don’t want everyone buying there motors and clogging up there production line to buy the wrong motor to bash with or volt wrong. The serious speed runners that like them know how and what they’re ordering. Lol if that makes sense lol 😆 I know what I meant 😂

I have noticed the German site shows models that still years later are not offered on the US site. Like the Pro or P4 series motors. It appears the SVM is similar with better wire inside and CM series rotor sleeve allowing high rpms.

I noticed there are some new Y-wind TP4080 motors with a decent KV value around 2200 that have caught my eye.

1655991094228.png

See I wouldn’t have any clue whe to start reading or deciding what to order from that list lol. Like D or Y lol
So I guess I’ll stick to burning up $60 rocket motors till Im fast enough to learn all that stuff 😆

I have noticed the German site shows models that still years later are not offered on the US site. Like the Pro or P4 series motors. It appears the SVM is similar with better wire inside and CM series rotor sleeve allowing high rpms.

I noticed there are some new Y-wind TP4080 motors with a decent KV value around 2200 that have caught my eye.

View attachment 225403
They do sell these at Island Hobby Nut (the 2350 is currently out of stock but the 2250 and 2100 are available)
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/tp-motors

It also appears that tppower.de was just updating their site the last two days. The other motor classes are available for custom orders again.

Last edited:

I have to agree. I noticed the same. Seems their marketting is no frills. Yet their motors do rule. Among the best out there.
A German business model perhaps. No fluff marketting. Just rave reviews and reputation.
A TP motor sells itself.:giggle:

TP certainly doesn't do corperate marketing... Every reseller does whatever they think is right and have access too.

I often use NL based http://www.tppowereurope.com/ for reference as well. They only do custom orders and are always slightly more expensive than TPPower.de where i in the end always place my orders

91k rpm😳. How good are the stock bearings TP uses; ceramic?
Not Ceramics, but definitely Abec 5 Grade BB's no doubt. NMB BB's in a perfect world....if I had to guess.

See I wouldn’t have any clue whe to start reading or deciding what to order from that list lol. Like D or Y lol
So I guess I’ll stick to burning up $60 rocket motors till Im fast enough to learn all that stuff 😆
I was like you..LOL. What I learned was to look for motors that were similar to stock in KV (2000-2400) and then go for the largest size that will fit in the chassis. For example: the stock Talion motor is a 2050KV ran on 6S. I wanted more RPMs so I went with the 4070CM at 2400KV which TP rates to 8S (so I'd have a little wiggle room). I figure the longer can would be better at letting off more heat and I wouldn't need to gear as heavy with the extra KV. I ran the motor on road only...I'm not a meticulous speed runner YET but I wanted to gain some experience working with the higher end motors for when I get to that level. I liked the performance...A LOT. I've since moved on to Cordova's 1445 line (2000KV-8S and a 2300KV-6S) which is very similar in length/size to the 4070CM. Loving the Cordovas (seems more efficient, has a ton of torque compared to the 4070CM, and stays pretty cool with 2 fans on it (never above 150 degrees). Its all a learning process which adds to the fun of the hobby. Eventually I'll build my dream speed run car but for now I'm loving the experimentation.

On a side note, there seems to be a silent war going on between TP and Cordova. Both have recently come out with longer cans (>100mm) in the 37 to 40mm diameter range. These new TPs look like a one up from them to combat the latest Cordovas. Just recently seen a Raz build where he said he's using a new Cordova 1446 custom built motor. I can't wait for that one. These SVM TP motors are claiming more torque which is a plus cause the 1445 line had way more torque than the 4070CM. Competition is ALWAYS good... however you can't beat TP prices though! For the money they're probably the best in the game right now.

Not Ceramics, but definitely Abec 5 Grade BB's no doubt. NMB BB's in a perfect world....if I had to guess.
Those are OK (ish). Just replaced the stock NMB BB’s (made in Singapore) in the 4985 with ceramics. The front one was pretty crunchy, the rear one was still good. Maybe there are different grade NMB‘s; I wouldn’t run the ones I had in a 91k rpm motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back