New Losi 1/10 Tenacity DB Pro 4WD Desert Buggy Brushless RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened the door to a Typhon 3s. Still want a smaller track style car.
Hi Notorious , take this for some thought , I race 2wd and 4wd short course on turf at my LHS , if you want a track style basher you can go run the local tracks with , stick with one that has a center diff . I had the Typhon 3s only because a guy at my LHS bought it brand new , used it once , and sold it to me for $200 with a 7600 3s battery . IMO , great for a kid or all out basher but def does not drive or have the control the 6s rigs have that have center diffs ( you can see this in all the videos on you tube ) . With the slipper clutch ,hey basically apply to much to the rear causing the drive to be sparatic . I would def wait for the Losi DB pro , NTM , it is more based on a race vehicle in mind with all the tuning characteristics in it .When I first started , I had a Slash 4x4 VXL , and trying to race that with the slipper was hard , I quickly put a center diff in it , and it improved 500 % !!!! Whole new car !!!!
With that said , last night when I was at my LHS for Friday night race night , I inspected their demo in person , nice vehicle !!! . And , my LHS owner actually said he would consider having a box stock class for this (indoor turf/carpet 2s ) . I'd be in !!!
So , if you are thinking the Typhon 3s for the price point , $299 , and want to beat the hell out of it , that's sounds the way to go , but if you are NOT gonna " send" it and kill it and want more competitive driving/handling feedback out of an RC , Losi DB Pro is the way to go ,....... or Typhon 6s .
Hope you take this opinion with a grain of salt .

Hi Notorious , take this for some thought , I race 2wd and 4wd short course on turf at my LHS , if you want a track style basher you can go run the local tracks with , stick with one that has a center diff . I had the Typhon 3s only because a guy at my LHS bought it brand new , used it once , and sold it to me for $200 with a 7600 3s battery . IMO , great for a kid or all out basher but def does not drive or have the control the 6s rigs have that have center diffs ( you can see this in all the videos on you tube ) . With the slipper clutch ,hey basically apply to much to the rear causing the drive to be sparatic . I would def wait for the Losi DB pro , NTM , it is more based on a race vehicle in mind with all the tuning characteristics in it .When I first started , I had a Slash 4x4 VXL , and trying to race that with the slipper was hard , I quickly put a center diff in it , and it improved 500 % !!!! Whole new car !!!!
With that said , last night when I was at my LHS for Friday night race night , I inspected their demo in person , nice vehicle !!! . And , my LHS owner actually said he would consider having a box stock class for this (indoor turf/carpet 2s ) . I'd be in !!!
So , if you are thinking the Typhon 3s for the price point , $299 , and want to beat the hell out of it , that's sounds the way to go , but if you are NOT gonna " send" it and kill it and want more competitive driving/handling feedback out of an RC , Losi DB Pro is the way to go ,....... or Typhon 6s .
Hope you take this opinion with a grain of salt .
That's an excellent synapses and I appreciate the feedback. I may have over stated my intention. I'm definitely not talking competitive or indoor track kind of running. I just want something a little more compact for a couple of outdoor set ups where the Outcast/Notorious is just to big and bulky. I considered the Losi because it ticked off a lot of boxes, but would probably also end up being expensive to keep up given where I planned to run. Either way, the decision was made for me. The 3s Typhon will still get bashed, but not as hard. Plus there's more availability on parts though kit breakers, so upkeep won't be as expensive. Again, appreciate the thoroughness if your post. Hope your racing is tons of fun, and win a few for Notorious J.

Fast forward to 2022, and Arrma drops the “FireTeam” lol. They should have tried to compete with some of the awesome Losi desert trucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back