Granite New member new arrma granite 3s coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonewall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok , I’m new to the rc hobby . I have a lot of questions about really getting started. I have a spectrum 3s battery and a spectrum smart charger coming with it. Is there anything I need to check over before I run this truck. I know only a little bit about rc’s. I have been playing with a deerc 300e for about 2 months , my first and only rc but I think I done got bit by the big. I know nothing about any of the maintenance or anything . The only thing I have done is charge the batteries and let her rip at the skate park. O I have taped the bodies up alot from being busted up. Thanks

Welcome! Great bunch of folks here with TONS of knowledge - you're probably good to go, just make sure the tires are glued well to the wheels and that all the screws are snug - I'm sure the people here who actually have the Granite 3s may have a few tips, but from all I hear it's a great truck to start off with, the one I should have picked up instead of my Granite BOOST lol!

Welcome aboard!! 😁 ✌️

Great info the mods put together to get you started! 👇👇👇

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on ArrmaForum that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable.
Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips​

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership​

Actually this truck is a granite v3 3s blx 4wd. I didn’t know they made a couple different models
Welcome, you picked a good one. The granite is a great start off for a hobby grade RC. Start searching for Arrma 3S set up videos on YouTube. There are a few basic things to do before you start running it. Don’t jump on the upgrade train too quickly, drive it stock, enjoy and see how your driving style is and what you enjoy doing with the car. That will lead you to the ideal upgrades for your car. Because what other people do to their cars may not be what you end up wanting to do.

Ok , I’m new to the rc hobby . I have a lot of questions about really getting started. I have a spectrum 3s battery and a spectrum smart charger coming with it. Is there anything I need to check over before I run this truck. I know only a little bit about rc’s. I have been playing with a deerc 300e for about 2 months , my first and only rc but I think I done got bit by the big. I know nothing about any of the maintenance or anything . The only thing I have done is charge the batteries and let her rip at the skate park. O I have taped the bodies up alot from being busted up. Thanks
I would also check your meshing with the slipper. I have heard of those not being good set by the factory. Eventually you will kill the plastic spur gear and I recommend a hot racing spur gear steel replacement. That can handle good 3s power. You driveshafts should be good for quite a while. I am new to Arrma and recently got a Typhon Mega. Very different build then the Traxxas chassis's.

Best advice I can give for your first month(s) is don’t get discouraged if something breaks. I nailed an I-beam at full speed my first day driving mine. I quickly found that pretty much every stock part can be replaced cheaply. You’ll figure out the rest as stuff comes apart or needs replacing. I recommend getting a screw pack for the granite off Jenny’s now. That way you can immediately replace a screw on bash day if needed. -I can’t remember if those come with the wheel nuts too…

Welcome! I got one of these myself as my first r/c just a few weeks ago! Awesome truck you will be surprised just how much power is in this thing. Like said above, wait on upgrades until stuff breaks, at a skate park youll break stuff soon enough! I drive mine rough and tumble and so far the only issues ive had is cracking the body and just today I blew a tire. Try to throttle control to keep it from ballooning! Mine popped on dirt, but its crazy at full speed on pavement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back