Infraction New member to the family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
Well went to the lhs for a wing mount and walked out with this beauty.

I know there is info scattered all over the forum about this rig but I want first hand user info on her not just hear say or what people just think will be better. I'm in Michigan so she wont be outside for a while till the cold weather breaks. But what is everyone's setup. Pinion,spur,speed and temps that is equal to. Shock/diff fluids you have found that works best for you. Looking for all setups speed/bash and drifter all welcome. Thanks for the info. Figured I have time to work on her till then.

Well went to the lhs for a wing mount and walked out with this beauty.

I know there is info scattered all over the forum about this rig but I want first hand user info on her not just hear say or what people just think will be better. I'm in Michigan so she wont be outside for a while till the cold weather breaks. But what is everyone's setup. Pinion,spur,speed and temps that is equal to. Shock/diff fluids you have found that works best for you. Looking for all setups speed/bash and drifter all welcome. Thanks for the info. Figured I have time to work on her till then.
Oooooh......congrats on picking up that bad boy.

My setup isn’t quite the norm just yet. I’m running an 8s system and therefore I had to increase the preload on the springs to compensate for the additional weight. I am running a spool and using a 42/27 setup. All I can say is that it’s super torquey, burns rubber easily and gets up to speed very quickly. I’ve yet to try a speed run and see what she tops out at.

I haven’t measured temps yet as I don’t think I’m putting any heat stresses on the 8s setup. I will however measure my temps once I get the chance to do some speed runs.

Sorry I wasn’t much help. I can only offer my own personal experience into the matter. The accel, drifts etc are easy and fun!

Da troof hurts lol

Attachments

• 20200226_140554.jpg
    20200226_140554.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200226_140347.jpg
    20200226_140347.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
Welcome to the Infraction club..??
See my build thread because I can't type all my tuning and tips here...????
By the time you’ve finished it, there will be an infraction V3

My favorite still as well!!

I personally liked a 20t pinion and 50t spur to help with heat issues on the motor, can still run hot if full out the whole time. Stock is 18/46, but it really did help to lessen the heat. I'm always playing with the diff weights, can definitely state if you want a full out drift machine, 500kF/1milC/500kR will let you achieve that! :LOL: Otherwise I personally feel the best setup for overall would be 100kF/1milC/60kR. I just recently realized that stock shock weight is 1500 CST, which I think is close to like 5k diff oil type weight? Anything less in weight, your Infraction will bounce around just from the springs or change out the piston rings to a more restrictive setup.

I have decided that I am going to upgrade the power plant system in there. I was planning on the Firma 8S ESC until they came out with the MMX 8S ESC. Put myself on the list for the batch of the ESC's and gonna pair it with a HW4985 1650kv motor. See what how it rolls from there!!

Let me know if i missed anything! Glad you joined the Infraction club, seriously one of my favorite rigs. I've probably stated elsewhere in the forum but that rig literally goes with me every outing along with whatever other cars I bring as well. Every outing! :ROFLMAO:??

Infraction is my next rig but plan to wait until April or May when we warm up some here. If they release a newer version by then even more exciting.
Same

Thanks everyone for your input. I was going to wait for a new version but then I thought about it and the only thing major I feel they would change would be the radio and esc/motor. Well I am going to use my own radio and the castle system is definitely going in there so I am going to take this next month and get my ducks in a row so I can bash away with it asap. I haven't even put a battery in it yet lol

Thanks everyone for your input. I was going to wait for a new version but then I thought about it and the only thing major I feel they would change would be the radio and esc/motor. Well I am going to use my own radio and the castle system is definitely going in there so I am going to take this next month and get my ducks in a row so I can bash away with it asap. I haven't even put a battery in it yet lol
You need to at least run a pack through!!! Go ahead! We'll be here when you get back! :ROFLMAO:

One other thing I did just remember, you will want to start picking up some tires as well. Ebay has some GRP 4 pack sets around $35 - $40

If I hit 100 mph then I’ll be a happy camper
What I'm trying to do too! I'm really surprised a Max6 and 2200kv motor was sputtering as bad as it was last time I had it out. only able to get it to like 65mph and I was literally just passing 3/4 throttle before it started sputtering then braking on its own, then going back to normal but really only being at 3/4 power. It was just really, really weird and weather is hindering me from figuring out at this time, grrr.

What I'm trying to do too! I'm really surprised a Max6 and 2200kv motor was sputtering as bad as it was last time I had it out. only able to get it to like 65mph and I was literally just passing 3/4 throttle before it started sputtering then braking on its own, then going back to normal but really only being at 3/4 power. It was just really, really weird and weather is hindering me from figuring out at this time, grrr.
Wow. That doesn’t sound good or right. There’s a guy on fb that’s selling his infraction. Claims only a few runs, stock but hit 96 mph. How is that even possible? ?

Wow. That doesn’t sound good or right. There’s a guy on fb that’s selling his infraction. Claims only a few runs, stock but hit 96 mph. How is that even possible? ?

He was probably using the speed pinion, 27t. I actually have not used it yet. I got a top speed of 65 mph with a 20tP/50tS on stock, so I was trying to see what just the motor change would gain. Then the ESC or batteries issue came into play last weekend when testing. I also figured I'd do the one at a time pinion change with the newer motor. Knowing it was 150kv more then stock, I didn't want to burn it up first couple outings. I may pop the BLX185 back in but I need wire converters from a 6.5mm size back to a 4mm for the new motor to do that...

In that case, you could run parallel 6S packs to get more amps out of them. Sounds like your packs were amp limiting you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back