Limitless New mmx8s blown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Brand new built and unfortunately this is my fault . I accidentally connected A to C and didn't know. Took it for a quick test run and first pull on the throttle spark came from the esc and little bit of smoke. Called castle and is not covered under warranty. Anyway to fix this issue?

ESCs aren't really serviceable. They're terribly difficult to disassemble on account of the waterproofing, they're potted in an epoxy so once they're assembled there's no going back.

Sounds like you've created a short and probably blown a resistor, capacitor or IC. Hard to say without opening it up which as mentioned above isn't really achievable.

Sad reality is you'll need to buy another.

Not really worth the trade in. They offered a new one for $120 plus shipping. After shipping mine it will come out to almost same as new.

Just wish it had some kind of fail safe.

round 2.

This is going on my typhon. I am keeping the max5 on the limitless. Already got 128mph with it and I think is good enough for now.

PXL_20210426_010629197.jpg

Yes exactly. Tech told me if the sensor wires wasn't connect this wouldn't happen.

On the new one I am not connecting any sensor wire. Already removed it from the esc and plugged the with the cap.

Yes when you are running with the sensor connected you must have the phases correct. When in sensorless it doesn’t matter which leads are connected together provided its spinning in the right direction for your application. This failure was user error(sorry) and not due to a faulty product.

Yes exactly. Tech told me if the sensor wires wasn't connect this wouldn't happen.

On the new one I am not connecting any sensor wire. Already removed it from the esc and plugged the with the cap.
Can I ask why you removed the sensor wire? Isn't sensored operation the reason you spend the extra coin on a Castle system?

Just didn't want this to happen again but I did put it back on because of the motor temp protection I wasn't aware of that the castle had.

Agreed. I love castle products and have been using them and castle link for a long time. Love em!

keep that sensor!!! It’s so smooth on start up, then switches to sensorless after the motor is spinning correctly within it parameters. Plus it will measure rpm, and temperature. last but not least Data logging \m/

just wish castle would include data logging in the iOS app :/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back