Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
So, yeah, productivity is gonna suffer today... LOL

So new parts - there is an idler gear and shaft, and the new motor mount has a spacer in it - so apparently there will be a gear reduction between the motor and spur? Odd, but OK.

Also, new diff housing to go with the new steel diff. Looks like the gear is no longer part of the case, good call there.

So @WoodiE , where you gonna drop these new models? In with the Mega 4x4? Or a new BLX4s forum? LOL

Thread starter #5

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
Also seeing 4s 14mm hex versions of the Backflip / Minokawa tires... LOL

Thread starter #6

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
So, thinking about this -

Will the Kraton qualify as a 1/10 Truggy? Losi released the TEN Truggy this year, Techno just leaked their ET410 truggy, and Hobao has had their 10 TTe for years -, will the new Kraton be able to fit into this new class? Hopefully Arrma did a bit of look-ahead here, with the wheelbase and track width.

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton, Typhon
I am really excited to see these new models but I have to wonder if the person in charge of naming models quit awhile ago so they just keep reusing existing names? How many DIFFERENT Sentons, Fazons, Granites, Outcasts and Kratons do we need? I mean give them different names if most of the parts aren't compatible. Maybe (hopefully) the "Kraton/Outcast" is just a placeholder and will be updated but I would doubt it.

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton, Typhon
It must have been a pre-release glitch as now the search doesn't come up with anything but we know they are coming!!

Piecejointe

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Just saw that the ET410 will feature a flimsy lexan wing and only take short packs, so I wasn't interested anymore, but if there's a 1/10 Kraton, count me in!

slick2500

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Just saw that the ET410 will feature a flimsy lexan wing and only take short packs, so I wasn't interested anymore, but if there's a 1/10 Kraton, count me in!
It seems like all 1/10 kits have gone this route.

Another option for a 4x4 Stadium truck is the Habao Hyper TTe, it uses standard stick batteries, comes rtr or as a 80% roller on Tower Hobbies. This thread has some great information https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437241-hyper-tt-4wd-1-10th-truggy-thread.html

Last edited: