NEW MODEL ALERT - Kraton/Outcast BLX4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Saw a screen grab of this on FB - go to Tower and do a search on "Kraton 4s" and you get a page full of new CVD sliders...

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=kraton+4s

So, new model speculation time! GO!

snap0337.jpg

So, yeah, productivity is gonna suffer today... LOL

So new parts - there is an idler gear and shaft, and the new motor mount has a spacer in it - so apparently there will be a gear reduction between the motor and spur? Odd, but OK.

Also, new diff housing to go with the new steel diff. Looks like the gear is no longer part of the case, good call there.

So @WoodiE , where you gonna drop these new models? In with the Mega 4x4? Or a new BLX4s forum? LOL

So, thinking about this -

Will the Kraton qualify as a 1/10 Truggy? Losi released the TEN Truggy this year, Techno just leaked their ET410 truggy, and Hobao has had their 10 TTe for years -, will the new Kraton be able to fit into this new class? Hopefully Arrma did a bit of look-ahead here, with the wheelbase and track width.

I am really excited to see these new models but I have to wonder if the person in charge of naming models quit awhile ago so they just keep reusing existing names? How many DIFFERENT Sentons, Fazons, Granites, Outcasts and Kratons do we need? I mean give them different names if most of the parts aren't compatible. Maybe (hopefully) the "Kraton/Outcast" is just a placeholder and will be updated but I would doubt it.

Just saw that the ET410 will feature a flimsy lexan wing and only take short packs, so I wasn't interested anymore, but if there's a 1/10 Kraton, count me in!

Just saw that the ET410 will feature a flimsy lexan wing and only take short packs, so I wasn't interested anymore, but if there's a 1/10 Kraton, count me in!
It seems like all 1/10 kits have gone this route.

Another option for a 4x4 Stadium truck is the Habao Hyper TTe, it uses standard stick batteries, comes rtr or as a 80% roller on Tower Hobbies. This thread has some great information https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437241-hyper-tt-4wd-1-10th-truggy-thread.html

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back