New Model Prediction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
Who wants to make a wager on not if but when will Arrma introduce a model to compete with XMaxx and what it'll run?? It'll be introduced before Christmas. I'm going to guess September. May be sooner like early summer, but there haven't been any hints other than Jason Deardon saying 2019 will be epic and suggesting folks save their money in a recent interview.

I would start leaking so people contemplating an XMaxx will wait for another 1/5 scale monster. I wonder if they'll push it past 8S...maybe a factory 12S?

This is the 10-year anniversary of Arrma and XMaxx needs some competition!
Let the rumor begin!!

it wouldnt take much to beat the xmaxx, when you drive it on 8s and go jump anything bigger than itself it breaks or wrecks spurs and diffs etc
Thick TVP with bracing thats incorporated into the shock towers, a HW rebranded esc... easy xmaxx killer..
A Super Flux wouldve been good to see.. upsized properly(not like the XL Flux), big diffs, thicker TVPs

Last edited:
I'm guessing either something to compete with the Xmaxx or something to compete with the SBR/UDR.

The 5-T is huge compared to the SBR/UDR its bigger than the Xmaxx is so I doubt they will make something that big.

I'm guessing either something to compete with the Xmaxx or something to compete with the SBR/UDR.

The 5-T is huge compared to the SBR/UDR its bigger than the Xmaxx is so I doubt they will make something that big.

I agree about the 5-T is too big. But I bet they could use the old Nero diffs/slipper in a 8SUDR/SBR size truck. And we know the Senton 6s did not get a v4 because they have "big plans for it" (or whatever that HH lady said).

I agree about the 5-T is too big. But I bet they could use the old Nero diffs/slipper in a 8SUDR/SBR size truck. And we know the Senton 6s did not get a v4 because they have "big plans for it" (or whatever that HH lady said).
My guess is a 1/6 scale Senton. Yuck ?

My NSL-LHS said last night they were coming out with a 100mph car and a drag car. He ran the X-Maxx in the parking lot and I have to say it was pretty nice. He was driving up on the curbs in the parking lot without a problem. Riding wheelies on the stock wheelie bar. The hard turns show how the suspension works when it leans away from the turn. He was running 2 Traxxas 6700 4s batteries. He said he would only use Traxxas batteries in it though for some reason. I though Traxxas batteries weren't that good.

My NSL-LHS said last night they were coming out with a 100mph car and a drag car. He ran the X-Maxx in the parking lot and I have to say it was pretty nice. He was driving up on the curbs in the parking lot without a problem. Riding wheelies on the stock wheelie bar. The hard turns show how the suspension works when it leans away from the turn. He was running 2 Traxxas 6700 4s batteries. He said he would only use Traxxas batteries in it though for some reason. I though Traxxas batteries weren't that good.
They are known to puff.

I have never seen an 8s RC not destroy differentials on a regular basis (unless driven very gently). On the XMaxx even with aftermarket hardened steel spiral cut diffs they didn't last long enough given their cost. I think 6s is plenty of power when setup correctly.

I agree that a basher/truck of some sort is likely the way they will go given market research and sales driven decisions. BUT I'd love to see a flavor they have not explored yet like an on-road car in the 1/5 to 1/8 scale range by Arrma (maybe an 1/10 option also). Mostly because I love going fast...

-Liberty

I'm going to say as its Arrma's 10th anniversary this year they will launch a rival the to the Xmaxx but it will run 10s and be based on the Notorious just 1/6 scale, they will name it the ArrmazingMax 10s..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back