Limitless New motor and ESC setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSDmodify

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
So long story short , burned max 8 with 34 spool and 27t pinion on my infaction. Got a xlx and a castle 1515y 2200kv sensor motor. Wish I would have waited and got TP or a higher kv but I couldn't wait. Is this setup good on the infraction? Can it handle bashing with this gearing and set up? How good is this motor compares to the stock one ? Any thoughts and your experiences would be appreciated . Thanks

So long story short , burned max 8 with 34 spool and 27t pinion on my infaction. Got a xlx and a castle 1515y 2200kv sensor motor. Wish I would have waited and got TP or a higher kv but I couldn't wait. Is this setup good on the infraction? Can it handle bashing with this gearing and set up? How good is this motor compares to the stock one ? Any thoughts and your experiences would be appreciated . Thanks
From experience, that motor gets super hot. Tried to run it in my Kraton and it would always thermal on me (when I ran it sensored). It's now in my Typhon and it's good I'm there. I'm not sure that's the best motor for a geared up Infraction.

Agreed with Bam.... it will be ok for speed runs where you run 1 or 2 times and then let it cool down for 10 mins.
The XLX is notorious for going up in flames if you don't run a cap pack.... so get a good one and solder it in.

The 1515 2200kv I have seen it go 120+ in the Limitless if speed is your thing. Gearing at 34/34 will do 120mph (y)

You don't want to run the 27t for bashing, it's just for doing speed runs. The stock setup (ESC & Motor) with the 27t will do low 80's mph, and will always thermal the ESC while bashing with that gear setup. I've found with my Infraction for bashing purposes, still having some nice speed, be able to drift a bit or do some racing with friends, most importantly be able to run the truck through a battery pack the gearing I run for that is 20t pinion and 50t Spur. Can still get hot depending on your driving style as well! ?

Agreed with Bam.... it will be ok for speed runs where you run 1 or 2 times and then let it cool down for 10 mins.
The XLX is notorious for going up in flames if you don't run a cap pack.... so get a good one and solder it in.

The 1515 2200kv I have seen it go 120+ in the Limitless if speed is your thing. Gearing at 34/34 will do 120mph (y)

Thanks for the responses. I noticed it does get hot with this gearing and ESC, but the stock blx was getting even hotter it seems like with same gearing . So far I did a few passes like 2 full one and 2 test runs, checked motor and was only warm.djd a few passes and was getting there but not much. I just waitws like 3 minutes with fan on and it was okay. Idk about 10 minutes , maybe if I ran it harder lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back