Granite New motor esc options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nonijuice

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey there, I’m pretty sure my esc is toast, and my motor is in pretty bad shape as well. Looking for a good replacement option. Not looking for a speedy option to replace, just something higher quality. I did just order some typhon a arms and turnbuckles to get a wider stance so my son doesn’t flip it over constantly on turns. Need something that be strong and durable. We mostly jump and bash it around. We don’t really do speed running

Hobbywing MAX 10 SCT Combo.

@Overpowerrc This is for a Granite...I'm pretty sure your suggestion is for the 6S line... :ROFLMAO:
By the way @Nonijuice , do you have a Granite Mega or 3S BLX?
3s blx. I’ve upgraded to a metal spur gear, Tekno eb48 shocks, and have mx28 tires. Another issue I’ve had with this truck is the the driveshaft popping out at the u joint. I loosened the slipper and put some thread lock on it to hopefully hold the screw in place. I kept having issues with the screw backing out on me.

Just get a BLX120 / 2400kv combo from the 4S line. The only issue here is motor bearings if you’re running in sand. Some rubber sealed Abec 5 bearings from the start will solve that.

Well, like I said, if you want about the same power go Hobbywing MAX10 SCT, but I would personally do (and have done) a little upgrade power upgrade if buying a new combo.
If you decide to go a little more power you have 3 options:
1. Do what @jondilly1974 suggested and get yourself the 4S Combo.
2. Do what I wanted to do earlier and get yourself something like a Hobbywing MAX10 SCT and a Leopard LBA3665/3674 or TP Power 3630/3635/3640
3. Do what @fpvmiller and I have done, go full retard and put something in like a BLX185 system (fpvmiller) or Hobbywing MAX8 & TP Power 4030 (me).

Well, like I said, if you want about the same power go Hobbywing MAX10 SCT, but I would personally do (and have done) a little upgrade power upgrade if buying a new combo.
2. Do what I wanted to do earlier and get yourself something like a Hobbywing MAX10 SCT and a Leopard LBA3665/3674 or TP Power 3630/3635/3640
3. Do what @fpvmiller and I have done, go full retard and put something in like a BLX185 system (fpvmiller) or Hobbywing MAX8 & TP Power 4030 (me).
Count me as full retard too. I’ve got the BLX185 in my Typhon 3S

@jondilly1974
Well, I don't mean that in a bad way, I love to overpower those cars (I mean, FFS, I have a 3665 can in my Stampede 2wd xD ).
But to be fair, that is a lot of power for cars that size.
Do you mean bad like Michael?

1588184465233.jpeg

I'm looking a SENSORED setup on my Senton 3s. Do you have any recommendations that will fit/bolt on?

@mikeshandssay
Well, I never had a Sensored system before, but as I often hear good things (and had good experience) with Hobbywing I would go for the Hobbywing XR8 SCT combo with the 3660SD 3200kv motor.
Every time I hear "go full retard" I never get offended...I just bust out laughing!! I have an autistic son ;)

View attachment 77533
Well that is perfect man, exactly the funny way how I mean it, the picture sums it up perfectly (y) :D
But to be honest, running the BLX185 on 3S like you do is still kinda reasonable..... .
On the other hand, before I threw my combo in I also had the BLX185 combo in for a test run, with the 20 tooth pinion and SCT tires, so undergeared.....so I decided f' it, let's just throw 6S in there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back