New Motor Leopard 4282

Thread starter #1

Stitch

Arrma RC's
BigRock
After the Big Rock's combo was not working anymore. I don't know what exactly fried esc or motor.

I went for the Leopard 4282 with a Hobbywing Max 8 . This combo is awesome, extremely smooth and powerful. It is a great improvement and doing backflips is much easier to control.
The motor stays below 140F/60C.

IMG_2035.JPG

Last edited:

Cater4anytink

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I accidentally purchased the v24275 2000kv instead of the 4282..still a great motor,don't think there'd be to much difference in power or heat..my motor does not cog at all its very smooth,I thought it was faulty at first..my tppower motor cogs like mad. Did you shorten your motor wires mine are a quiet long

Thread starter #3

Stitch

Arrma RC's
BigRock
I accidentally purchased the v24275 2000kv instead of the 4282..still a great motor,don't think there'd be to much difference in power or heat..my motor does not cog at all its very smooth,I thought it was faulty at first..my tppower motor cogs like mad. Did you shorten your motor wires mine are a quiet long
That is exactly my experience almost no coging. Funny that you also thought it is faulty.

I also don't think that there is a major difference between the 82 and the 75.
You are right the wires are very long but I did not shorten them so far. But good idea. I think I will shorten the esc connection wires, to keep the motor as it is.

Cater4anytink

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I'l leave my motor wires then running it with stock esc..gt Max 8 in my typhon very nice esc..lost a fan blade due to pebbles,you'd think they would put a better fan cover on all esc's, 90% of rc's are used in conditions where debris gonna find a way to the fan

bolorc

Arrma RC's
Kraton
After the Big Rock's combo was not working anymore. I don't know what exactly fried esc or motor.

I went for the Leopard 4282 with a Hobbywing Max 8 . This combo is awesome, extremely smooth and powerful. It is a great improvement and doing backflips is much easier to control.

View attachment 10656
Does the v2 series 4282 2000kv run well on 4s?

hotshot24mi

View attachment 10656
What pinion are you using? Also, is this the 1680kv motor or 2000kv Leopard.