New Motor Leopard 4282

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
After the Big Rock's combo was not working anymore. I don't know what exactly fried esc or motor.

I went for the Leopard 4282 with a Hobbywing Max 8. This combo is awesome, extremely smooth and powerful. It is a great improvement and doing backflips is much easier to control.
The motor stays below 140F/60C.

IMG_2035.JPG

Last edited:
I accidentally purchased the v24275 2000kv instead of the 4282..still a great motor,don't think there'd be to much difference in power or heat..my motor does not cog at all its very smooth,I thought it was faulty at first..my tppower motor cogs like mad. Did you shorten your motor wires mine are a quiet long

I accidentally purchased the v24275 2000kv instead of the 4282..still a great motor,don't think there'd be to much difference in power or heat..my motor does not cog at all its very smooth,I thought it was faulty at first..my tppower motor cogs like mad. Did you shorten your motor wires mine are a quiet long

That is exactly my experience almost no coging. Funny that you also thought it is faulty.

I also don't think that there is a major difference between the 82 and the 75.
You are right the wires are very long but I did not shorten them so far. But good idea. I think I will shorten the esc connection wires, to keep the motor as it is.

I'l leave my motor wires then running it with stock esc..gt Max 8 in my typhon very nice esc..lost a fan blade due to pebbles,you'd think they would put a better fan cover on all esc's, 90% of rc's are used in conditions where debris gonna find a way to the fan

After the Big Rock's combo was not working anymore. I don't know what exactly fried esc or motor.

I went for the Leopard 4282 with a Hobbywing Max 8. This combo is awesome, extremely smooth and powerful. It is a great improvement and doing backflips is much easier to control.

View attachment 10656
Does the v2 series 4282 2000kv run well on 4s?

View attachment 10656

What pinion are you using? Also, is this the 1680kv motor or 2000kv Leopard.

I also have an Arrma Nero big rock and after I used couple of times with 6s the motor seized. I opened it and found out that the front bearing was missing more than half of it's balls and the rotor was badly damaged. If they don't give me another one because it is still under warranty I was thinking of putting a Leopard 4282 V2 1680kv but I am confused because in the specs it indicates that the motor is 100amps but the don't mention the max volts and watts so I am not sure if I can keep my original esc BLX 200 150 amps. Another option I thought that the Rocket motor 4076 1720kv seems quite good and they both can be opened to clean and replace bearings or rotor not like the original one because it was sealed.

Attachments

• 20190816_132644.jpg
    20190816_132644.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190816_132406.jpg
    20190816_132406.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back