Granite New Motor on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hattrick300

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I burnt up my ESC and motor in my Granite Mega 4X4 and need to replace them. Whats your guy's thoughts on this set-up? Anything I need to watch out for besides temps and gearing? Has anyone run this setup on a Mega before? If so what gearing did you use to keep it running cool?

upload_2018-5-21_16-32-52.png

On paper, I like that combo. I keep telling my self to buy it. Was ready to buy it this week, but then made a deal on a SCT roller instead. Now I need two of those Max10 combos... LOL

Jerry-rigged, I hope it works well, I am kinda new to RC's and have never had a brushless system before. I spent a lot of time researching and debating with myself on which to buy. I still need to order another brushless system for my wife's Granite 4x4, but I wanted to test this one and see how it worked before spending another hundo. Hopefully, it will get here before Friday so I can enjoy it this weekend.

I will say that the MAX10/3660 combo will be a HUGE power increase over the stock brushed motor. Be prepared to do so mods, like the HD diff input - there are threads here on how to do this. Not hard, but required for most brushless systems.

I am planning on having to do the Diff Input mod and I was just looking for the plastic 56T spur gear but it appears they are not available at the moment, I can only find the metal ones..

Upgraded mine on a traxxas velineon vxl-3s capable esc and brushless motor. Im running 17T pinion gear and had to do some mod putting the fan on the motor instead. Works pretty well and has a lot of power and speed. I had to install a wheelie bar to keep it from flipping around. Im haven’t tried running it on 3s lipo though. Only 2s.

3B40E85B-6512-4135-8E1C-3E5984235829.jpeg

I'm running that esc with a jrelecs 3100kv motor. Esc does great with a 17t pinion. Only running a 3s 80c lipo for now and temps on the esc stay in the low 100's. Tried a CC SW4 and temps were 110-120's. Left the esc settings alone (specifically the punch left at 3), no wheelies, easily controllable and no broken/stripped parts yet. Waiting for the HD parts to start shipping before I really start playing with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_093643.jpg
    IMG_20180527_093643.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 63
Well, the new combo showed up on Friday and I did not have time this weekend to mess with it. But I hope to have it up and going by the weekend. I have a Yeti 32P 58T spur gear and the have a 17T Pinion just waiting on the slipper pads and gotta figure out the spacers yet. I will post some pics of the system once it is installed.

Holy Wheelies Batman!! That is a HUGE increase in power... Love the power of the 4000Kv motor!

Well I finally broke the stock input shaft last night. I am shocked at how long it lasted on 2S, I had been beating on this thing for over a week. I used my previously broken axle to make the repair and get it up and going. I love how well this thing holds up to my horrible driving. I have also ordered a second one of these HobbyWing Max10 kits for a second truck that I am building for my wife. I hope she likes it...

Here is a link to a video that I made.

https://gopro.com/v/4d09oP2rE6mn

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back