New motor question

Dmoreira25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi all new to RCs and need your help, bought a Mega Fury and if I went with a brushless motor do I need to get a new ESC as well?

lonee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
If you want to upgrade from brushed to brushless, you will need an new esc which supports brushless motors.
Just a view esc supports both (brushed AND brushless).
I think a 60A qickrun and a 4000U/v Monstertronic will fit quite good in a Fury with options to drive 3S...
But I guess that the Fury is not strong enough for that....

Last edited:

Dmoreira25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
If you want to upgrade from brushed to brushless, you will need an new esc which supports brushless motors.
Just a view esc supports both (brushed AND brushless).
I think a 60A qickrun and a 4000U/v Monstertronic will fit quite good in a Fury with potions to drive 3S...
But I guess that the Fury is not strong enough for that....
Thanks for the help

lonee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
You're wellcome!
Thats the sense of the forum.. ;)
If I guess right, the Fury will have an 540 size brushed.
So look for an brushless motor in the same size. I don't know how it is with carson in you're area / land.
I use a carson dragster systems (dragster an... forgotten...) in two of my 1:10.
Was ESC together with motor. They works good since 4 Years (just privat driving).
Negative point: The ESC is not waterproof.
The quickrun and monstertronic motor is inbuilt in the 1:10 SC (4wd) of my girlfriend.
Topspeed is near the same as my Patron with an 4000KV motor and it is waterproof / resistent.

Good luck in finding the right system!
Regards,
lonee