Kraton New motor, stock ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jexz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
Hi guys,

i just received my PPS motor mount, and now i'm going to get a new motor, i will take the 800KV but i wonder if you guys can help me with the gear ratio.

For the moment i will keep the stock ESC, is it worth to change only the motor and keep stock ESC?

About gear ratio i don't want to do speed run i just want decent speed, actually i run with a 19t pinion and thats sufficient for me, what pinion do you recomand me to get aproximatively the same speed?

Do i need to change the stock spool? What do i need to replace the stock spool with the Limitless spool, do i need some others parts?

Thanks to you guys

I'm running between 45t and 48t on 800kv, does get warm if I do a lot of WOT, speed is just to my liking.

You don't answer my questions, does it is worth to change only the motor, to keep stock esc and stock spool.
And what do i need if i need to replace stock spool.
Thanks

I ran the stock esc with a 5692 Hobbystar motor, 30t pinion. The setup was far better than stock, esc behaved fine but the motor did not last. I would go with a hobbywing 5687 instead of the hs because several hs have locked up like mine.

You don't answer my questions, does it is worth to change only the motor, to keep stock esc and stock spool.
And what do i need if i need to replace stock spool.
Thanks
We do answer. @gotnitro and I gave advice on gearing. @Jimbobjr told you about stock ESC and other motors. There's also people running the 780kv from spektrum with that ESC. Could all be digged up with a small search through the existing threads as all your questions have already been asked or answered somewhere. The K8s also has three diffs and no spool, unless you're wrongly assuming that the center assembly with the spur and gear reduction counts as a locked diff.
You can change the spur to something smaller, in turn you'll also need smaller pinions than what we advised.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back