new nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunepoet

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
heya;

New here. If I may just ask away. I have a new Nero,which I have had for several months, which has not yet been run (how dare me!). Family member lost interest. But what I am seeking is a quick an easy way to run the Nero with Traxxas ID batteries. Does anyone know of an adapter which can convert the XT90 plug to the Traxxas ID Plug? If you could send a link, that would be great. thanks!

Damon †

Search amazon, or your favorite online retailer, for "xt90 to traxxas" you will find a number of different options. Or if you have a soldering iron and are willing to do a little work, the Nero comes with spare xt90 ends, you can cut off whatever plug is on your batteries and put on the spare xt90s. That is of course assuming you don't want to use the batteries with anything else. I am not sure how experienced in the hobby or with electronics you are so please take this with a grain of salt, but if you have never done a plug swap on a LIPO battery before an adapter is probably a better idea. LIPO batteries can be very dangerous to work on if you are not sure what to do.

thanks, I will check amazon... and I have done some soldiering, but also have a store near by who will do that for me for a few bucks. But were I to find an adapter which would work, would the battery tray be too cramped for it to fit, thereby making the connector swap a better option? thanks

Damon †

The connectors end up outside of the battery trays, but they would probably fit anyway. The tray's on the Nero line are quite large unless you are trying to put a single 6S batter in each tray. Also the connectors do also give you an added point of failure for your whole system. From what I have seen and the people I have talked to most everyone in the RC hobby picks one connector type that they like and puts them on all their vehicles and all their batteries so that they don't need connection converters.

Make sure the c rating is no lower than 35c.
Just wanted to back this one up! The traxxas batteries that I owned at one point were not over 30c almost lost my Typhon twice because I didn't understand the ratings... please make sure they are over 35c. Arrma vehicles pull some juice!

Well, picked up some wireless adapters from Mojo Racing. XT90 end female and TRX Traxxas end male. If I missed something, please, let me know.

XT90-TRXM_01_grande.jpg

Blessings,
Damon †

Hello:

If I may ask another question? I am not familiar with the Arrma binding process. The manual is quite bit busy and my vision is a bit strained.

Does the Nero come unbound from the factory, that you merely bind it once, and it remains bound indefinitely (less you later have to rebind it for some other reason)? Also, once it is bound, is it impervious to other transmitters?

Blessings,
Damon †

It comes bound. You shouldn’t have to worry. I haven’t had to rebind my Kraton yet but I’ve bound many other transmitters and it’s an easy process.

it does come bound? Oh, good. for some reason I find that comforting. thanks

Blessings,
Damon †

well, got her up and running. fast and nimble. how is tire wear on pavement? it just scrapes and slides everywhere in drift mode. I had no idea the diff thing would work so well. I thought it was a gimmick, but it really gives you 4 trucks in one. and how about those pirouettes? looks like a dog chasing its tail. ps. need wheelie bar bad.

Blessings,
Damon †

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back