Outcast New new receiver. No throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puchpedaler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Voltage
Hey guys,
Getting back into RC after a long time away.
I’ve got an outcast 4s and bought a spectrum DX5C with the SR6100AT today. I’ve got the receiver installed, but when I attempt to run the ESC flashes red. The throttle is not responding. Steering works. I have the ESC plugged into batt/ prog at the moment.
If I plug the ESC into an aux port the light doesn’t blink, but still no throttle...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 427
Just gonna write it out because I know how frustrating this was for me even though it’s a commonly asked question. Lol.

Turn on transmitter.

Hold Set on ESC, turn on ESC. Release Set after beeping starts.

Ensure transmitter trigger is at neutral. Press Set once. Make sure you hear one beep.

Fully depress trigger on transmitter, full throttle and hold it. Press Set once. Make sure you hear two beeps.

Fully reverse trigger on transmitter. Full reverse. Press Set once. Make sure you hear three beeps.

Turn ESC off. You’re ready. Have fun.

You say you have the esc plugged into the battery port, then you say you had it plugged into aux port 1...

Out on a limb here, but have you tried plugging it in to the throttle port? That would be the esc port.. ?‍♂️

Yep servo goes in CH1 steering
ESC goes into CH2 throttle
Fans go in any other channel

Ok... yep. Total noob mistake with the ESC in the wrong port...
I swapped the pugs, bound, and fired it up. I’ve now got steering and throttle now however, no brakes or reverse... I’ve checked the trim setting and nothing changes this. When I programmed my ESC it let me set neutral and full throttle, but won’t allow full brake.

Ok... yep. Total noob mistake with the ESC in the wrong port...
I swapped the pugs, bound, and fired it up. I’ve now got steering and throttle now however, no brakes or reverse... I’ve checked the trim setting and nothing changes this. When I programmed my ESC it let me set neutral and full throttle, but won’t allow full brake.

It's all good buddy, it happens.. the important part is you got it sorted so you can have some fun..

The esc has settings for all of the brake force and reverse.. but first I must ask if your double tapping the trigger in the reverse direction? If the vehicle is running forward, and you push the trigger forward,(brake and reverse) it will apply brake... then if you let off to the neutral position and re apply the brake it should reverse...

So a double tap is needed to engage reverse...

Ya, I’ve double tapped as well as set the trims with no results. There’s no brake or reverse. It’s just strange that the ESC will let me set neutral and WOT, but won’t even recognize full brake. Regardless of where I have the throttle position when I hit the set button I don’t get 3 green lights or beeps. I’ve also checked to be sure that it is set for fwd/brake/rev.

Doing it incorrect most likely...

Leave in neutral, hit button once, 1 beep
Full throttle, hit button, 2 beeps
Full reverse, hit button, 3 beeps

Turn off esc...

Is that the way your doing it?

So. I’m not sure. I’m learning this electronic transmitter. I think I have the setting all correct.
I switched back to the old receiver and transmitter out of curiosity and it functions as it should. I called horizon to troubleshoot and they suspect a bad receiver... they are sending a new one tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll have good news.

really appreciate everyone’s support with this.

So. I’m not sure. I’m learning this electronic transmitter. I think I have the setting all correct.
I switched back to the old receiver and transmitter out of curiosity and it functions as it should. I called horizon to troubleshoot and they suspect a bad receiver... they are sending a new one tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll have good news.

really appreciate everyone’s support with this.

Good call. Could be the rx. Hope it works out.

Just wanted to check back in.. HH sent me a new receiver and got a chance to install it tonight. Bound, set, and works great! Now I’ve got to dial in the AVC. I’m not so sure I like it at this point.

Do you guys run AVC?

Just wanted to check back in.. HH sent me a new receiver and got a chance to install it tonight. Bound, set, and works great! Now I’ve got to dial in the AVC. I’m not so sure I like it at this point.

Do you guys run AVC?

I have a 2wd truck that I used to run AVC style correction but I haven't on 4wd. It will cause trouble in jumps unless we hit it just right and don't touch the steering in the air. Some like it I guess but it's not for me on my Arrma vehicles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back