Typhon New Noisy clunky Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibabaob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
Love my Arrma’s, and they’ve been pretty solid so far other than a Senton 3s blx which always wants to steer right despite my best efforts on the trim - but it’s so full of joy I can live with it?

My new Typhon 6s is a slightly different story- it veers to the right which I’m trying to figure out but more of a concern is the LOUD clicking that I read on the forums as normal, I get it, still a bit loud, but more concerning is that if I roll it by hand, reverse feels fine but forward motion is clunky and not smooth, and feels like it’s getting stuck going forward. Sounds similar to a lot of other similar noisy issue vids I’ve seen posted which makes me think ‘deal with the sound- it’s normal’ but the stiff forward motion is causing concern. Got other 6s Blx cars but not this noisy/stiff

think there’s a problem in rear diff and only had it 2 days with one afternoon of low intensity activity and simply..... doh! Any advice would be great before I spend/waste my time looking in potentially the wrong place

I’m rambling now ?

Is the clicking noise more predominant under TH vs braking.? That could help determine if its the front or rear diff. I was initially getting clicking on hard braking, I narrowed it down to the front diff. But continued to drive as is and it got worse, till I addressed it with better ring gear side shimming. It could be other issues however. Just my experience with that clicking noises on my Noto. and Kraton.
Sounds like the ring and pinion of the diff is not quite set/shimmed correctly? :unsure:

Not really tbh- any motion forward or backward, but sounds like it’s coming from the rear- even when rolling by hand gently (which is when I noticed the concerning sticky motion issues) - luckily I have a really good friendly hobby shop owner who has offered to help out- but would like to try to resolve myself as why I got into this I. The first place ?

Step one is either remove the pinion or back it off the spur. Then roll by hand to see if the issue remains or not. If it feels smooth, check your pinion and spur for damages teeth. If backing the pinion off does not resolve the clicking, then it’s probably a ring or pinion or both in a diff. You can tell which one by lifting the front or rear and continue to roll it.

At least now I have an excuse to be in the garage? thanks guys!

So - sir gear had a couple of teeth bent (?????) - all sorted now and flying! I’ll upload vid to media soon...

has anyone heard of treating the gears with Graphite? LHS guy mentioned it which was the first I’ve heard ?
Spur gear (smh), not sir!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back