Notorious New Notorious Owner - Help with Front Wheel Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaxxRuckus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi everyone, I just got back into RC and jumped in full force getting a Notorious and an Infraction. Loving both of these cars, but really haven't had the time to bash much yet at all. A few minor jumps, but I'm not aware of anything I put it through that did any obvious damage, so I'm wondering what is causing my front driver side wheel to be tweaked. I attached some pictures, you can see that when both wheels are pointed straight ahead the driver side wheel is definitely tweaked at an angle. Being new to a car of this size and complexity, I'm not sure if this is an adjustment I can make to straighten it out, or if I really did tweak something. Can anyone please help explain what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

I appreciate any help, thanks for taking the time to read this!

Attachments

• 20200213_175745.jpg
    20200213_175745.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 20200213_191321.jpg
    20200213_191321.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200213_191334.jpg
    20200213_191334.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200213_191340.jpg
    20200213_191340.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 110
This is pretty normal and all my Arrmas have come with toe out. You can adjust this yourself by turning the turnbuckles to get them in any position you want. Mine is the same way as yours but on both sides. If its not driving straight you can adjust that with the steering trim on the radio which might also straighten things out a bit. But if you need to adjust the turnbuckles its not hard at all. Just use a wrench and turn it to the position you want. Heres some pics.

20200213_212016.jpg
20200213_212048.jpg

Welcome!
Like others have said, this is normal. It just looks funny when you straighten one side the other side looks askew. When centered they should appear to fan out a bit.

That’s the stock Arrma toe that all their trucks have.

I thought so and noticed the same but its only one side as photographed. I'm thinking just play with that link until it gets more even but really shouldnt make much fuss if its sent as it is.

Both my arrma notorious and typhon are the same the toe out does look excessive, but these are the settings arrma chose so I just run with it

I am a new Notorious owner and I was wondering the same thing! Thanks for posting the subject and thanks for all the replies! Good info

As others said, that's toe-out setup from Arrma.
If the steering rods are the same lenght then you simply need to center your steering using the trim on the transmitter, so that both wheels point outward by the same amount of degrees when you center the steering wheel.
Anyway:
- Toe-out (as yours) at the front wheels gives more steering responsiveness to the detriment of straight line stability.
- Toe-in at the front wheels gives more straight line stability to the detriment of steering responsiveness .
- No-toe is a tradeoff between the two configurations.
305c0b25018a44e2937b48bf68af698b_800.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back