Notorious New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw hrb battreis on ebay for $ 46.71............3s 50c 6000amh that cheap enough thats why i was asking if any knew about them. THANKS

have not got to run but up and down drive way..... right out box stripped screw in servo mount ....stripped screw i center diff mount ...stripped in rear diff....front and rear diff leaking ......i going to send back for second time and i am not happy lol.....if its not fix right this time i am done with where i bought it.....what do you guys think about that i don't think this should have happen with a notorious outcast truck ....maybe it was a lemon!

The screws stripped while you were running it?? Or did those screws strip when you tried to remove them?

My Notoriuous had a 2 overtightened / stripped screws out of the box. 1 on the rear diff case. Chassis side. I went over all hardware before my first run. Some were very loose. If not checked when new, the Rig will fall apart and break sooner than later, requiring parts you may not have needed if checked out of the box. You can tell when a screw is stripped as you go to turn it and it just spins when its bottomed out....These are mass produced and built with screw guns at the factory in Taiwan. I find this on a lot of RTR's of many brands. If I find too many stripped screws or leaking shocks or diffs, I send the whole RTR back. But Arma did warranty the rear diff case and sent the hardware as well. I don't mind filling new empty or low shocks out of the box knowing that I have the proper weight oil in my box. But if the Diffs are leaking and the box is full of leaked oil. I just rebox it and send it back. I would bet that most RTR's are never perfect. You either discover defects when new before you use it or eventually you will address it after much use. A RTR should be better built than that. But Sh@#$%^&t happens. I am partial to kit building so I tend to expect better in a RTR. Just a personal quirk I guess. But Arma has a great warranty.
Always go over your new rig with a quality set of Hex drivers. I use MIP's only. But there are many others less expensive..
Ditch the included Allens. They are too soft, have no leverage and will round out hardware and hurt the fingers. Lol.
They may be good for emergencies out in the field maybe. Or for hardware that is confined.

screws were stripped out of the box ..........sent it back they sent me a new notoroius....that was good of horizon hobby....that why i buy from them

screws were stripped out of the box ..........sent it back they sent me a new notoroius....that was good of horizon hobby....that why i buy from them

Who paid the shipping costs? Cuz I sent in an ESC for warrenty and I hada pay the cost of shipping it TO them.

I didn't have anything stripped on mine, but I'm pretty sure it was ran or fiddled with. I bought my at a LHS. It had a few nicks/dings on the arms and chassis. Not something I noticed until I got home.

2018-0727-ArrmaOutcast-ChassisScratch.jpg

2018-0727-ArrmaOutcast-ArmScratch.jpg

So, perhaps my servo had more time on it than the straight line I drove it in before it died. Regardless, horizon sent me a new one without much fuss.

Horizon payed the shipping two times before they set me a new one. i am trying to get a screw out of the bumper mount know the head is stripped.... its in one of the holes....any ideas

You might try to drill the head of the screw off, with a good/new cobalt drill bit, but I dunno, those screws are HARD!

i took about a 3mm bit and drilled right through the screw ...... both seemed to be soft they drilled easy ....i think thats why the heads stripped i am going to put stainless back in and see how they do ....i know they are softer but there TOUGH metal will see what happens lol THANKS for infro

Good deal. I just put a new shock tower on the rear of my Kraton, and one of the 2 screws that come in from the rear, to hold the wing on stripped. Found some longer ones, and noticed they go all the way through. If they come loose, I can put a nut on the other side.

is there clucth in the cen diff on the notorious.... something slipping in mine have not had time to like in it i don't see it in the maunal....there's got be something in there that slips because it is lol maybe gears are stripped i not sure yet but it don't seem to be that

is there clucth in the cen diff on the notorious.... something slipping in mine have not had time to like in it i don't see it in the maunal....there's got be something in there that slips because it is lol maybe gears are stripped i not sure yet but it don't seem to be that

Generally you either have a center diff or a slipper clutch. Not both. All the Arrma 6s rigs have a center diff. Check your pinion and ring gear to see if the mesh it set right. Make sure your pinion is on tight.

that what i though...... i was running 7400 mah 90c batteries in is problem stripped the gears.....it had a lot of power it was hard to keep all 4 wheels on the ground

i took the notorious apart... i took cen diff apart and shim it its tight now its not slipping ....check the rear ring and pinion its ok but i did not shim it ...i think its slipping...but it wont slip in reverse just forward...does anyone know what the problem is....i had my son hold the truck down and it will not slip in reverse does not make sense to me but i am just learning i need help no hobby shops around here.......the trucks only been run 3 hours are so THANK

i broke the small battery strap ...the 7400 mah batteries are heave over 2 lb I put a one inch strap in my notroius we see if it will hold the batteries

which savox servo is best for my notrorious will 1256tg do the the job with out mods .Some are standard and some are tall I want the one that will fit with mods never change one don't know stock size can some one tell the number I need to use I want more torque to turn sharper. The monsters are tall don't know if they will work with out mods. I want a servo that will do the job with out mods and with overkill.

which savox servo is best for my notrorious will 1256tg do the the job with out mods .Some are standard and some are tall I want the one that will fit with mods never change one don't know stock size can some one tell the number I need to use I want more torque to turn sharper. The monsters are tall don't know if they will work with out mods. I want a servo that will do the job with out mods and with overkill.
best servo search.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back