Notorious New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah....duct tape will anything lol i will figure it out i am sure with time and MONEY..

I run two 3s soft packs and the Velcro straps that the truck comes with are more than capable. Enjoy your new truck as I'm sure you will.

THANKS..........i would like to use 3s in the nortroius ...........because i can use them in some of my airplanes as long as there not to heavy...........thats why i was asking ..............felcro them together that should help with moving right? i am just trying to Learn this is new to me ...i am sure i will learn the hard way trail and ERROR
Don't forget to strap your balance leads in that funky double slot thingy lol, at the rear of the battery tray. It has a nifty rubber strap that holds them in there so they aren't dangling around while your bashing about. Free tip! ?

Don't forget to strap your balance leads in that funky double slot thingy lol, at the rear of the battery tray. It has a nifty rubber strap that holds them in there so they aren't dangling around while your bashing about. Free tip! ?

A buddy of mine has a v2 talion that didn't have that feature. He also has ace lipo's that have a large balance plug holder thing so the user doesn't pull the plug off, but they wouldn't come close to fitting in the balance lead holder. With the extra weight of the plug, he had issues with the balance leads breaking due to flexing about all the time.

I run SMC packs and I usually just put both balance leads in the little holder as they are pretty deep. I have yet to have a battery fall out using the stock velcro only holding dual 2S packs and I've had some pretty gnarly crashes.

does anyone know the exact dimensions of the battrey tray on the nortoius

what kind of diff should i use ........i see somethink about all brands are different.....is team good or mugen its more expensive from what i see i was going start 50k 100k 50k ...... i don't know what comes in it...... should i check it before i run it i don't know.... you done this a lot............... i have not i like to safe as sorry lol!

what kind of diff should i use ........i see somethink about all brands are different.....is team good or mugen its more expensive from what i see i was going start 50k 100k 50k ...... i don't know what comes in it...... should i check it before i run it i don't know.... you done this a lot............... i have not i like to safe as sorry lol!

I use team associated oils in my outcast, which is the same as the notorious, just a different body. It comes stock with 100K in the center, manual says 10k in the front/rear. Also, 1K (80wt) in the front/rear shocks. Maybe I should download the notorious manual just to make sure.

I'm 99% sure I'm running 100K in my front/rear, but may be 50K. I know I'm running 500K in the center. You might prefer lighter. With 500K, I don't get a ton of the front unloading when I'm on the throttle, but I do get some if I don't let off once the wheels are in the air.

EDIT:
Confirmed, the notorious manual has the same stuff for the outcast and it for the diffs and shocks.

THANKS......i was just wondering some say they open then up and there is nothing in them ...i would think arrma would do better then that! i think i will look when get it in couple days....would not be good empty still not sure what size batteries will fit

My rear one had next to nothing in it. My front/rear had stuff in them, but they weren't what I'd call "full".

I used a small container/parts wash pan with naptha in it to dissolve the oil that was there and refilled them with what I wanted. So much easier and better than using paper towels and q-tips.

You need batteries!! Then a servo cause you will probably break it... Front bumper for sure (Talion pin holder and an rpm or tbone bumper, wing mount from RPM, then you will start breaking stuff like aArms. Rpm has those for cheap too. Stainless stee screw kit too. Diff/shock fluid, etc etc... lol
Hi I need to replace my front bumper too, I’ve read about the hinge pins needing holding in, anyone got a link to the talion pin holder as I can’t seem to find it?

Hi I need to replace my front bumper too, I’ve read about the hinge pins needing holding in, anyone got a link to the talion pin holder as I can’t seem to find it?

I used the one from the Typhon.

have not got to run but up and down drive way..... right out box stripped screw in servo mount ....stripped screw i center diff mount ...stripped in rear diff....front and rear diff leaking ......i going to send back for second time and i am not happy lol.....if its not fix right this time i am done with where i bought it.....what do you guys think about that i don't think this should have happen with a notorious outcast truck ....maybe it was a lemon!

Last edited:
how can i get the GKA custom servo mount ....looks better then rpm i think

how can i get the GKA custom servo mount ....looks better then rpm i think
Voltage and Hot Racing both make good aluminum mounts. Voltage is in the Vendors thread and Hot Racing is available almost anywhere.

are HRB good batteries?

I picked up a 6S not long ago. Weather has been garbage so I've only run it a few times, but no issues yet. Cheap as heck, $68 on Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back