Notorious New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
So let me start off by saying my e-revo 2.0 just took a MAJOR crap on me blowing not only the ESC the motor and the rear diff 10 mins into my first 6S run. Not happy..

Bought a Arrma Notorious today waiting on shipping boo..

What do I need to know? What do I need to do before going into 6s? What would you do differently if you knew then what you know now?

I have some Trencher X 3.8 1/2" offset tires coming I was going to use on the revo.. well now im not.. Can I use them on the notorious?

What pinion and spur gear do you rec for someone running mostly offroad/dirt/SNOW.

Please help me not break my new car like the POS revo broke on me and ended up in the garbage pile where it belongs. :D

You need batteries!! Then a servo cause you will probably break it... Front bumper for sure (Talion pin holder and an rpm or tbone bumper, wing mount from RPM, then you will start breaking stuff like aArms. Rpm has those for cheap too. Stainless stee screw kit too. Diff/shock fluid, etc etc... lol

got batteries, Got a traxxas 2255 servo, that new 400oz sucker pulled that out of my revo figure i'll use that.. Have a ton of diff fluids never got to use most of it lol

so pretty much minor upgrades RPM stuff.

You need batteries!! Then a servo cause you will probably break it... Front bumper for sure (Talion pin holder and an rpm or tbone bumper, wing mount from RPM, then you will start breaking stuff like aArms. Rpm has those for cheap too. Stainless stee screw kit too. Diff/shock fluid, etc etc... lol
I would say no to the stainless steel screws, especially in areas where the stock hardened 12.9 screws bend or break already like the wing mount and shock standoffs. Remember most stainless steel screws have maybe half the maximum tensile strength of the same size 12.9 hardened steel screw.
Class 12.9
Alloy steel, quenched and tempered
Proof Load (MPa) 970
Min. Yield Strength (MPa) 1100
Min. Tensile Strength (MPa) 1220

A-2 Stainless
Steel alloy with 17- 19% chromium and 8-13% nickel
Min. Yield Strength (MPa) 210 Min. 450 Typical
Min. Tensile Strength(MPa) 500 Min. 700 Typical

sauce - https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/materials-and-grades/bolt-grade-chart.aspx

Last edited:
got batteries, Got a traxxas 2255 servo, that new 400oz sucker pulled that out of my revo figure i'll use that.. Have a ton of diff fluids never got to use most of it lol

so pretty much minor upgrades RPM stuff.
Don't upgrade anything right away, just replace if it breaks.

Don't upgrade anything right away, just replace if it breaks.

That's generally how I was planning on approaching the truck with the exception of maintenance diff fluid yada, and new tires..

Gonna try my hardest not to actually break anything for once, Im tired of working on these little fiddlestickers I wanna drive damnit lol

That's generally how I was planning on approaching the truck with the exception of maintenance diff fluid yada, and new tires..

Gonna try my hardest not to actually break anything for once, Im tired of working on these little fiddlestickers I wanna drive damnit lol
Stock tires are actually one of the best tires you will find for these, however I highly suggest venting the tires and sealing the holes in the wheels. I need to buy a new set as mine have ripped off the rims because I didn't vent them :(

Stock tires are actually one of the best tires you will find for these, however I highly suggest venting the tires and sealing the holes in the wheels. I need to buy a new set as mine have ripped off the rims because I didn't vent them :(

Honestly the only reason im swaping them is I had ordered trencher x's for my revo and I don't feel like sending them back lol

Are the stock black screws seriously harder than SS? No wonder they bend all the time. I agree on the don’t replace til you break as well.

Honestly the only reason im swaping them is I had ordered trencher x's for my revo and I don't feel like sending them back lol
You may have to gear down to run the trencher x's on it. My bashing buddy and I run the trencher 3.8's, he runs 6S talion and I run 4S outcast (same electronics/diffs). Mine overheats in grass after a set of packs with a 40mm motor fan. His overheats at the skatepark halfway through a set of packs, but I think he runs 15T pinion and I ran the same 15T pinion. I think he really needed to gear down anyway for 6S use, but you may want to check the pinion sizes that come with it and buy one a tooth or so smaller to run those tires. The trenchers are heavy and I'm assuming the X's are just as heavy if not more so. The backflips (stock outcast tires) are 12.5oz and the trencher 3.8's are 13.4oz.

Are the stock black screws seriously harder than SS? No wonder they bend all the time. I agree on the don’t replace til you break as well.
Yup stock screws are 12.9 grade hardened steel. Most of the rc stainless steel screws are unknown grade stainless steel.

Last edited:
Idk..I think I may prefer swapping screws...I have kept my talion stock so im kind of curious to see the outcome...the notorious is already all SS.. I did break a diff housing in talion and the screw was straight as an arrow....lol

do all you veterans really keep those rusty screws just for strength?

it needs nothing. just fookin send it.

really. besides the servo, I haven't had anything go bad/break on me. ppl will say shim the diffs and I agree. also use some thicker diff oil in the center.
all the other "upgrades " people do here are just personal preference..I don't really find them all that necessary. I don't have any of them, I beat the crap out of my truck, and keeps on ticking.

idk about the trenchers. the stock dboot backflips are a perfect tire. the trenchers are just stupid thicc, adding unnecessary strees/strain on the suspension. not to mention hurting your turning radius. if you plan on running on wet conditions, make sure to tape up the inner vent holes on all tires and vent them on the outside tread

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back