Notorious New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it needs nothing. just fookin send it.

really. besides the servo, I haven't had anything go bad/break on me. ppl will say shim the diffs and I agree. also use some thicker diff oil in the center.
all the other "upgrades " people do here are just personal preference..I don't really find them all that necessary. I don't have any of them, I beat the crap out of my truck, and keeps on ticking.

idk about the trenchers. the stock dboot backflips are a perfect tire. the trenchers are just stupid thicc, adding unnecessary strees/strain on the suspension. not to mention hurting your turning radius

man, you must have some finesse on the jump landings.... towers and a-arm snaps are common place for me...

Welcome to the forum! Upgrade whatever your budget allows. Everyone has different opinions, but it's all about how you plan to run. Aluminum servo mount and a new servo are always at the top of the list. Rubber sealed bearings if you plan on running in the wet. Aluminum chassis braces. New dif fluid and shims for all the difs. Search these out in the Kraton threads for specs. If you plan on running stock, Jennys Rc tears down brand new kits and parts them out at way better than retail prices. Setting steering end points is crucial. Also, make sure your esc settings are where you like. It's all in the manual, or somewhere in this incredible forum. Most of all, have a blast!

man, I hate rust...The only real issue I have with breaking/bending screws is on the front of car in diff housing....A hot racing housing would prob eliminate that. lol... to buy list...

Is the wheelie bar for the notorious adjustable? If not do they make one that is? does ANYONE make one that's adjustable for the notorious??

Not sure. I actually have those as well because I used to own a revo. never really had the need to try them out though because the droop screws have been working fine

waiting on black nortroius.....after reading alot not sure if this damn thing is going to hold up even if i take it ease....what do you guys think that have them ...i don't want something to work on ! i want to run it.....but not KILL IT ......is this possible?

waiting on black nortroius.....after reading alot not sure if this damn thing is going to hold up even if i take it ease....what do you guys think that have them ...i don't want something to work on ! i want to run it.....but not KILL IT ......is this possible?
Are you asking if they could break? Anything can break, and most people put their 6s Arrmas through way more torture than any other truck. They're less expensive to buy, easier to work on, and built tough enough to withstand a fair amount of punishment. If you plan on going "Kevin Talbot" on your truck, it's going to break. Wing mounts break and shock towers bend, that's just par for the course. Still stronger than almost any other truck out there, and at a fraction of the price.

Have a look at the @Thomas P and @Rich Duperbash videos. These guys launch their rigs a lot, but land them well. I'm amazed at what @Thomas P puts his rigs through in sub zero climate. I'm all in with Arrma.

Unnecessary to upgrade the servo (unless you want to), if you ensure to set steering endpoints out of the box. Many will say the servo is a weak point, however, this is false, it is very capable (IMO).
Guess I was unlucky. Mine died during my first turn in my parking lot the night I bought it. I had installed a spektrum receiver and setup the EPA's properly. I didn't power it on before installing the new receiver. I put in the savox SW-1210SG and it's been fine for 7 months of abuse.

is the notroius really worth the 500$.....and thats just getting started with parts that need to upgraded because there not very good to start with?

i understand i don't plan on jumping 20 feet in the air ......just want to do some tricks and not get cazy for awhile ....hoping that it will not break on little jumps at lease give me a chance to learn .....i fly airplanes i no about breaking things i put a lot of them back together

i understand i don't plan on jumping 20 feet in the air ......just want to do some tricks and not get cazy for awhile ....hoping that it will not break on little jumps at lease give me a chance to learn .....i fly airplanes i no about breaking things i put a lot of them back together
If you land on the wheels you will be good, if you crash you increase the chances of breaking things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back