Notorious New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the notroius really worth the 500$.....and thats just getting started with parts that need to upgraded because there not very good to start with?
Pretty much everything comes out of the box "needing" something. As it is, you should be fine for a while, but once you start beating on it (and you likely will), that's when the upgrades help.

I only run 4S in my outcast, but I launch it as far as it will go time and time again. I wasn't quite so brazen at first as I came from the land of revo's and savages, but now I just pin it and let it fly.

is it better to run 23s or 6s or does it matter and should i replace servo mount with alumium mount?

is it better to run 23s or 6s or does it matter and should i replace servo mount with alumium mount?
New servo mount will help extend the life of the stock servo and any other you choose to upgrade in the future.

Using a dual charger, I can charge two 3S batteries in roughly half the time as a single 6S. I can also use the 3S batteries in my Granite 3S BLX. If using a single charger and no plans to acquire any 3S vehicles, then managing a single 6S would be easier.

So let me start off by saying my e-revo 2.0 just took a MAJOR crap on me blowing not only the ESC the motor and the rear diff 10 mins into my first 6S run. Not happy..

Bought a Arrma Notorious today waiting on shipping boo..

What do I need to know? What do I need to do before going into 6s? What would you do differently if you knew then what you know now?

I have some Trencher X 3.8 1/2" offset tires coming I was going to use on the revo.. well now im not.. Can I use them on the notorious?

What pinion and spur gear do you rec for someone running mostly offroad/dirt/SNOW.

Please help me not break my new car like the POS revo broke on me and ended up in the garbage pile where it belongs. :D
Maintenance tip: All screws threaded into metal have copious amounts of thread lock. I’ve learned to use a soldering iron to heat the screw to soften the threadlock before trying to remove it. Avoid using worn, loose fitting hex wrenches or bits or you risk rounding out the hex socket. Motor mounts, pinion set screws, and diff cup set screws are “notoriously” difficult to remove. I use a 1/4” ratchet to get the leverage needed to remove some of those set screws.

Using a dual charger, I can charge two 3S batteries in roughly half the time as a single 6S. I can also use the 3S batteries in my Granite 3S BLX. If using a single charger and no plans to acquire any 3S vehicles, then managing a single 6S would be easier.

my onyx charges my 6s in about the same as the 3s. Like an hr when its real dead.... How long are your 3s cycles?

my onyx charges my 6s in about the same as the 3s. Like an hr when its real dead.... How long are your 3s cycles?
Starting from storage voltage (3.8V), 5 or 6 amp charge, 3S is about 30 minutes, 6S about an hour.

yeah thats quick...my 3s packs take a little over an hr...same as 6s...i prob need to upgrade chargers...the onyx 255 is pretty base model...

The only way this is possible is if the charger doesn't have enough watts to charge the 6s lipo(which it most likely does not) Charging at 1c any battery will take about an hour to charge irregardless of the voltage and capacity.

Long story short it sounds like you need a better charger.

The only way this is possible is if the charger doesn't have enough watts to charge the 6s lipo(which it most likely does not) Charging at 1c any battery will take about an hour to charge irregardless of the voltage and capacity.

Long story short it sounds like you need a better charger.
That makes sense. 100 watt charger, 6S~24V, 3.5-4amp max charge rate?

120V AC. The 24V reference was for a 6S Lipo battery. I used 4volts x 6 cells to keep the math simple.

What charger? It may be listed as 100w x2, but not giving you the 200w on household power.

That makes sense. 100 watt charger, 6S~24V, 3.5-4amp max charge rate?
Yeah a 100 watt charger will only charge up to about a 3200mah 6s at 1c. 3200mah x 25.2v = 80,640 watts hours or 80.64 watts, the reasoning behind the total watts only being 80 instead of 100 is do to the fact that no matter how hard you try you will always loose 20% of your power do to inefficiency.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on those towers and check the pillow balls often. Servo mount. I run the savox sw1210sg wp I'm my Arrma rigs, works well no issues, not the cheapest but my choice for descent torque and speed. Make sure the wheel nuts are ribbed side to rim, make em snug. Get a bearing kit. Fast Eddie rocks! The bearings lasted me maybe 7,8 packs and then I started to have issues. Seems overwhelming probably, but just run it until something breaks as stated previously. Have a ball with that thing, its epic!

THANKS..........i would like to use 3s in the nortroius ...........because i can use them in some of my airplanes as long as there not to heavy...........thats why i was asking ..............felcro them together that should help with moving right? i am just trying to Learn this is new to me ...i am sure i will learn the hard way trail and ERROR

You could Velcro them but it isn’t necessary. The Velcro straps on tha battery tray do a surprisingly good job of securing them. Although, if you have soft packs it wouldn’t hurt to wrap them in duct tape or a neoprene sleeve like a modified beer cozy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back