Notorious New Notorious Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pfaulk54271

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Voltage
  3. Notorious
  4. BigRock 4x4
I've been having a pretty hard time deciding which servo to get for this beast. I've narrowed it down to the MKS HBL550 or Savox 1270TG, I cant decide which one, still considering the pricier Promodeler DS470 as well. I need this thing to be tough and if it does by chance fail one day I'd like to know there will be ample support from the manufacturer, unlike my JX.

Suggestions?

I've been having a pretty hard time deciding which servo to get for this beast. I've narrowed it down to the MKS HBL550 or Savox 1270TG, I cant decide which one, still considering the pricier Promodeler DS470 as well. I need this thing to be tough and if it does by chance fail one day I'd like to know there will be ample support from the manufacturer, unlike my JX.

Suggestions?
For me it's a toss up between the Savox and the promodeler, the Savox has titanium gears while the promodeler uses steel. If you are running a bec I would opt for the promodeler. The MKS uses alloy gears, which as we all know aluminum is rather soft and not much better than the brass gears in the stock servos so I would cross that one off your list.

I run a Savox 1210 in mine and have zero complaints. Are either of the ones you're looking at waterproof? That would definitely factor into my decision. You might not think you're going anywhere near the lake until you end up in the lake. Just ask Notorious J.

I'm not too concerned about waterproofing, I can always waterproof it myself. As far as the MKS alloy goes, it doesn't really say what kind of alloy it is, I would assume its steel...i believe an alloy by definition is a mixture of 2 or more metals. I know Savox has great support, anyone here running the 1270tg, hbl550 or ds470?

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I'm going crazy trying to decide which one to go with, I actually bought a 1270tg lastnight then cancelled it when I found a sale on the HBL550. Still no servo on the way...

Last edited:
I'm not too concerned about waterproofing, I can always waterproof it myself. As far as the MKS alloy goes, it doesn't really say what kind of alloy it is, I would assume its steel...i believe an alloy by definition is a mixture of 2 or more metals. I know Savox has great support, anyone here running the 1270tg, hbl550 or ds470?

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I'm going crazy trying to decide which one to go with, I actually bought a 1270tg lastnight then cancelled it when I found a sale on the HBL550. Still no servo on the way...
I have the DS470 in my Axial RR10 Bomber. I've used it a couple of times and it's performed flawlessly. Not a great review since it's not long term, but I am happy with it so far.

I just made an account with Promodeler...DS470 in cart. Someone tell me what to do! :ROFLMAO:
It looks really pretty! LOL. I also forgot to disclose that I am using it in my Bomber with a Castle Mamba X at 8.4 volts. I'm not sure about the performance at 6 volts from the Arrma ESC.

If you're worried about cost, have you replaced the bushings in the bell crank with bearings. That can be a huge improvement by itself...but which bearing manufacturer?!? Just to give you something else to wring your hands over. ?
I recently changed mine out on Kraton. The stock bushings in the servo saver ends were "locked" in place. Still can't believe Arrma used bushings! ?

If you're worried about cost, have you replaced the bushings in the bell crank with bearings. That can be a huge improvement by itself...but which bearing manufacturer?!? Just to give you something else to wring your hands over. ?
I recently changed mine out on Kraton. The stock bushings in the servo saver ends were "locked" in place. Still can't believe Arrma used bushings! ?
Yes, that's been done with Jim's or Fast Eddys.
It looks really pretty! LOL. I also forgot to disclose that I am using it in my Bomber with a Castle Mamba X at 8.4 volts. I'm not sure about the performance at 6 volts from the Arrma ESC.
Max6 or hex6 going in sooner than later, stock BEC will have to do for a short time. I believe any of these 3 will be better than the JX I had in there or the stocker.

Last edited:
I just made an account with Promodeler...DS470 in cart. Someone tell me what to do! :ROFLMAO:
Do it! You wont regret the decision and they have awesome customer service
IMG_9553.JPG

I ran the 470 for a couple weeks with the stock BLX185 while I was getting everything ready for the switchover to run the new Hobbywing 4985 motor and Max6. It had more than enough power at 6.0v and now that it's bumped up to 7.2v it's just ridiculous.
IMG_0017.jpg

I ran the 470 for a couple weeks with the stock BLX185 while I was getting everything ready for the switchover to run the new Hobbywing 4985 motor and Max6. It had more than enough power at 6.0v and now that it's bumped up to 7.2v it's just ridiculous.
View attachment 38929
How are you liking the 4985 so far? Great looking setup you have there.

View attachment 38929
Imagine it at 8.4!;) it's got speed and power.

How are you liking the 4985 so far? Great looking setup you have there.
Thank you.

It's complete overkill in the Outcast which is exactly what I was going for.
Geared for off road high speed bashing/jumping on a 22t pinion that's been so far a best of 73.2mph on the stock backflip tires

I'm late to the party but it's worth noting that Savox warrantied 3 servos that were all killed when a BLX185 went tits up. Not their fault but they did. That's awesome customer service.

I'm late to the party but it's worth noting that Savox warrantied 3 servos that were all killed when a BLX185 went tits up. Not their fault but they did. That's awesome customer service.
You can bet if I ever happen to have issues that's who I'll be going back to. ?I just really like the idea of a quality American made product and its pretty cool they are in FL as well. Fingers crossed I made the right decision ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back