Typhon New on road tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jondilly1974 how long do will the grp tires last? I read somewhere that they don’t last to long
I still have both my sets. I will have to let you know when they wear out
Why did I have to run my big mouth??? ????‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

IMG_5795.JPEG

Two of my four LouseRC GT Tarmac tires delaminated from the mesh after about 10 street bash runs. It was 91 degrees out today and I think the heat did them in. They were pretty solid and wore well until today. I hope the set of Hoons I have fairs better.
Tried to reglue the bad spots.....ya, that failed miserably. I ran them again today just to blow them apart. They all failed. It was 90 here today. Slapped on the Hoons and all seems well again in Typhon land.

Grp s3/s5 compounds is mad traction running 6s of course. s3 for street bashing s5 pure speed run ONLY them mf one wrong turn and launch it into wall you ain’t turning sharp in those
I know the lower ones like s2 and s3 are softer does the s5 or s7 have basically more traction than the softer tires?

I know the lower ones like s2 and s3 are softer does the s5 or s7 have basically more traction than the softer tires?
Higher the number, the stiffer the rubber. You trade stickiness of the lower numbers for longevity of the higher.

I had to stock up after today's blow out...

View attachment 84194
First time owner here of gross s3 and s5 are good for straight line speed runs lol no turning involved. I noticed cause I can’t really street bash without car drifting all over the place somewhat fun, s5, s3 are perfect for me...

What compound was tires that blew

First time owner here of gross s3 and s5 are good for straight line speed runs lol no turning involved. I noticed cause I can’t really street bash without car drifting all over the place somewhat fun, s5, s3 are perfect for me...

What compound was tires that blew
S1 on a hot day after a 130mph pass

edit: I had a typo above. Used to say S7.

Last edited:
@jondilly1974 Would S7 GRPs be a suitable substitute for hoons for just parking lot drifting for the infraction? I figure the harder rubber means less grip and longevity so in theory good for drifting/burnouts but the tread is so thin so I am on the fence about trying them out. I am still waiting for my silver hoons to come in later this month but I am thinking of trying the S7 GRPs in the meantime to hold me over.

@jondilly1974 Would S7 GRPs be a suitable substitute for hoons for just parking lot drifting for the infraction? I figure the harder rubber means less grip and longevity so in theory good for drifting/burnouts but the tread is so thin so I am on the fence about trying them out. I am still waiting for my silver hoons to come in later this month but I am thinking of trying the S7 GRPs in the meantime to hold me over.
I have hoons on 6s bro you will drift across the damn freeway on half throttle thing is crazy drifting.
I believe any belted tire on 6s and powerful lipo will drift

I have hoons on 6s bro you will drift across the damn freeway on half throttle thing is crazy drifting.
I believe any belted tire on 6s and powerful lipo will drift
I know I have the white hoons just wear out really fast don't want to waste money on another set of white hoons. I ordered silver hoons but they are not due in until end of the month. GRPs are the next choice that are readily available but the tread is a lot thinner than the stock hoons so I don't want to waste time on them either unless the S7 compound will hold up decent enough.

I know I have the white hoons just wear out really fast don't want to waste money on another set of white hoons. I ordered silver hoons but they are not due in until end of the month. GRPs are the next choice that are readily available but the tread is a lot thinner than the stock hoons so I don't want to waste time on them either unless the S7 compound will hold up decent enough.
My eb48.3 running 4s w/tekin rx8/2050 motor 16t drifts so good feel like Tokyo drift on s5 but typhon on 6s w/2200 16t mmx is crazy drifting.

I will have to let you know when they arrive. I misspoke above and said my old set was S7, they were S1.

I will have to let you know when they arrive. I misspoke above and said my old set was S7, they were S1.
I ended up getting some GRP S7 slicks and ran them today on the infraction through two sets of packs (4s and 6s) outside temp around 72*F. I am pretty happy with them in terms of wear vs the stock white hoons and they definitely hook up a lot better. On 4s they are more difficult to drift but it's possible, just needs 100% throttle most of the time to do it. On 6s it's just about perfect with drifts easy around 60-80% throttle and crazy monster drifts at high speeds (30-40 mph) with 80-100% throttle.

After both sets of packs (10-12 min runs per pack set) with only small break to change packs these have barely seen a dent in wear and barely any rubber dust in the chassis compared to when I ran the stock white hoons. After measuring the rears lost only 1.2mm overall diameter and fronts lost .80mm overall diameter when compared against brand new S7 slicks.

New vs. used rear after 2 hard runs in attached pic.

Attachments

• 20200611_213701.jpg
    20200611_213701.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back