New - Out of the box - Big Rock Crew Cab - Bad Wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbCatt

Reaction score
My Grandson purchased a Big Rock from the Omaha Hobbytown on 06/23/2020. When he got it home and unboxed it he was very sadden when we notice a pronounced wobble in the front right wheel. When he and his mother returned to Hobbytown on 06/24, the clerk dismissed the issue and blamed it on temperature changes during shipping. Today 06/25, we paired the car and Tx and he drove it in the basement - I can supply video of the wobbly defective tire. The concern is, if the vehicle is driven at high speeds it will become unstable and/or cause undue wear on the front drive and stearing components. It is quite disheartening when a child works hard and saves up snow scooping, lawn mowing money and birthday money from his grandmother for months on end in anticipation to purchase a product he has researched and thought was the best product on the market - only to find out its undrivable and he has no recourse to make it drivable. Please contact me as soon as possible and advise how to proceed. Sincerely, John Linton 402-616-7388 Fort Calhoun, NE

6/29 10:17 AM

Sent 2 emails over the past week, IM on FB and been on hold for 45 mins - still no response - very poor customer service!

Did you remove the wheel and check to be sure everything is tight? Also contact horizon hobby about warranty claims, majority of LHS owners don’t care or will try to gouge you for $$.

We removed the wheel and checked the wheel for proper installation and made sure it was tight - no change. We then moved the wheel from the original front right position to the front left and lastly the rear left and the wobble followed - no need in trying the rear right at that point. The wobble is pronounced and the concern is damage to the streering or drive train and teh vehicle becoming unstable at high speeds. Quick update After an hour I just got thru to Horizon Hobby / ARRMA customer service and spoke with a guy named Teddy F. Very nice and was genuinely concerned about getting the truck on the road. If you can ever get a hold of him with issues - he's the guy! I'll give an update in a few days. Thanks for the response.

Heck,if you don't get it solved, I have 4 BRCC wheels here I'm not using and can send you one. I feel bad for all the shoveling he did and didn't get what he was expecting.

Call horizonhobby but the tires are too thin get some badlands mx28 and the car will be completly transformed
+ 10mm offset adapters the big rock kinda likes to roll over because of its narrow stance

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back