Outcast new outcast 6s owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moldy bong

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi guys. Just got my first armma rc last week and i have been loving it. I did make the mistake of getting 2x 2s lipo instead of the full power 6s beast. I already want more power.

I do have a concern about my current set up. It isn't pulling wheelies as often as I want. I have my punch setting at six and have the throttle rate maxed. It will wheelie from a start and seems like it has the power. But at high speeds it wont pop up.

I just wanted to ask and if you guys think its because of the 4s I'm currently running? I'm really loving this truck. I'm planning on going to the park and jumping it soon and see how she handles. I've already got a list of upgrades to start grabbing so I have them on hand.

Attachments

• 20190823_002846.jpg
    20190823_002846.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the Arrma Fam. I think if you set the punch to 9 it will get what you want. My 3S rigs pull wheelies at 45mph using small road tires. I have to imagine a stunt truck on 4S should do the same.

Welcome to the forum! You could tighten up the slipper a little, but be forewarned. It seems like once you crack the screw loose, or tight, it likes to loosen itself back up. You'll probably have to lock tite it. I know guys have been running the 3s trucks about 3/4 turn back from tight, but I'm not sure about the 4s rigs.

Welcome to the forum! You could tighten up the slipper a little, but be forewarned. It seems like once you crack the screw loose, or tight, it likes to loosen itself back up. You'll probably have to lock tite it. I know guys have been running the 3s trucks about 3/4 turn back from tight, but I'm not sure about the 4s rigs.
Looks like he’s got 6s Outcast so no slipper.

Mine will wheelie on 4s pretty good. I think my punch is at 7 or 8. Once you get a 6s in there it will wheelie all you want. When it’s time to service the diffs you may want a little thicker in the center diff. Maybe try 200 or 500 or half and half. I think I’m running 50fr,500center,30rear.

Great truck, have fun!

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds about normal on 4s with a stock pinion. 6s will produce wheelies at almost any speed by going up in the viscosity in the center diff like Jimbobjr stated above.

Agree with above. Toss in the high speed pinion, change that center diff to 500k, rear 80k, and front 50k. I normally run 4S on all mine because of heat. IMO, its easier to keep from overheating with a couple fans, the right diff fluid weights, and a mid range punch. My Typhon has been truggified with a M2C Outcast chassis, a 19tooth pinion, with a set of 2.8 Badlands. It pulls the front wheels at almost any speed. Now your preference is going to take a little bit of test and tune, but it's a lot of fun! Welcome to the Fam, and enjoy!!

Welcome to the forum and yeah up the punch to 9 and change the diff fluid. I run mine at 50k front 100k middle and 20k rear. It should wheelie at will. Bash on ??

Looks like he’s got 6s Outcast so no slipper.

Mine will wheelie on 4s pretty good. I think my punch is at 7 or 8. Once you get a 6s in there it will wheelie all you want. When it’s time to service the diffs you may want a little thicker in the center diff. Maybe try 200 or 500 or half and half. I think I’m running 50fr,500center,30rear.

Great truck, have fun!
My fault... I only saw the 4s and assumed, and we all know what that means!

It's your battery. Three options, 1) stiffen your centre diff so it doesn't bleed as much power to the front, 2) up your punch settings, 3) buy bigger batteries and run 6s. Best way forward for the Outcast IMO would be to do both 1 & 3. Running 6s alone will allow you to pull the wheelies you want and stiffening the fluid will also help with front tyre ballooning. I'd do the upgrade to 6s then after that play with the diff fluid until you find what you like. My Kraton is still on stock punch settings and with 500k centre diff it pops wheelies easily on 6S, I'm not upping my punch as I don't want it to be a wheelie machine.....I would have bought a Noto or OC if I wanted a stunt truck

Welcome to the forum @moldy bong! Since the option is there, and it's free, try upping the punch first and see how it goes. Everyone thinks that doing wheelies is cool until your truck wheelies all the time. Because of the short wheelbase, the front wheels are very light for steering under power. The understeer is ridiculous on the Outcast. It gets better as time goes on and you learn throttle control, but it's a handful when your just getting started. Stick with the 4s for now, up the punch and maybe even increase the fluid in that center dif if you're inclined to start wrenching already. Without the wait of any added upgrades, you will still have a blast on 4s. Once you switch to 6s, get ready for your rc budget to take it's own sizable jump.

So it looks like after work I'm going to just up the punch to 8 and see if that's good enough if not then 9 it will be. And I have a traxxas rustler vxl so I'm used to the front end coming up and having to dip it down real fast so I can plant the front wheels. Believe it or not I've had two runs on (2x) 2s 75c 7600mah and have yet to roll over. (I ride mainly concrete parking lots)

I went out with a friend an must admit I'm impressed with the outcast's turning it turns much better than my rusty. I will definitely look into changing out the center diff fluid and maybe play around with the weight until I find one I like. But that wont be until maintenance time.

Thank you all for the responses, I will take all the advice I can get, I've also been on the interwebs looking for all I can find about weak spots and set up tips. Just got to set my steering end points and I should be golden. That is until I finally crash and have to upgrade.

Holy crap guy 6s is no joke. I think I fell in love with this outcast. So far only got the new batteries, but I noticed how the servo was acting and i think that will be my next upgrade along with a better servo mount. Still nothing broke so I'm not sure what parts to stock up on. But I'll Cruz the forum for that information.

I still cant get over it, SOOOOO MUCH FUN! Arrma has a new fan. I think the rustler is now going to be used for when my friends come out with me.

Attachments

• 20190831_193559.jpg
    20190831_193559.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back