Outcast New Outcast 6s owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX1340BK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
First Post! I purchased a 2019 version Outcast 6s for my 10 year old for Christmas. He currently has a Traxxas Telluride that he has owned for several years and I thought he was ready for something bigger and faster. Looking at the owners manual online it states to replace the front and rear diffs at 20 packs or 5 hours of running. This seems rather excessive at $50.00 a pop. Is this really the anticipated life expectancy for these, or are they being overly cautious? I have seen that previous versions had issues with the servo mounts, has this been remedied with this version, or should I still look for an aftermarket servo mount? Any other tips or tricks that you can provide me on this model? I see the Recommended Arrma Outcast sticky thread, but I know these have gone through several updates over the years and I don't know whats applicable or not. TIA.

First Post! I purchased a 2019 version Outcast 6s for my 10 year old for Christmas. He currently has a Traxxas Telluride that he has owned for several years and I thought he was ready for something bigger and faster. Looking at the owners manual online it states to replace the front and rear diffs at 20 packs or 5 hours of running. This seems rather excessive at $50.00 a pop. Is this really the anticipated life expectancy for these, or are they being overly cautious? I have seen that previous versions had issues with the servo mounts, has this been remedied with this version, or should I still look for an aftermarket servo mount? Any other tips or tricks that you can provide me on this model? I see the Recommended Arrma Outcast sticky thread, but I know these have gone through several updates over the years and I don't know whats applicable or not. TIA.
You are supposed to service the diffs after that much time, clean them, put in new orings, change the fluid ect.
They made the servo mount better but it still flexes, I would at least run longer screws through the bottom.
Send it and replace stuff when it breaks, it's inevitable something will break.

Welcome!!!!
I have an Outcast 6S under the xmas tree for my boy. After spending some time in the forums, I have gotten the following lined up for upgrade/repair.
New servo and GPM servo mount
60K (front/rear) and 500K (mid) diff fluid.
New transmittter/receiver.
Bearing kit and some spare arms.

Welcome to the Arrma Fam

Diff fluid isn’t $50. Even if you need new shins and gaskets every time, plus the fluid, it’s not $50. ??✌?

Welcome to the Arrma Fam

Diff fluid isn’t $50. Even if you need new shins and gaskets every time, plus the fluid, it’s not $50. ??✌?
I believe he meant a complete replacement when stating $50.

Welcome to the Arrma Forum @GSX1340BK. Your son must have been very good this year if he is getting a 6s Outcast for Christmas. There's definitely things that will need to be addressed, some sooner than later. If you plan on having your son run in anything other than dry clean conditions, the bearings on the Arrmas will definitely need to be considered. You might also want to prep for a servo change and the addition of stronger chassis braces. In the end, it all depends on how quickly he gets running as a "stunt truck". With the power and speed supplied in a stock 6s truck, its inevitable that things will wear and break more quickly. www.jennysrc.com is the Arrma owners favorite shopping spot. Kit breaker that sells new components together, for a fraction of the retail cost. Hopefully you both get to enjoy it, and learn together, the joy of working on the Outcast.

Welcome to the Arrma family (y) and the forum :) your son will love his new Outcast. Have fun checking the forum out too. There is tons of great info on here. And alot of great members. Enjoy!

Just ran mine for the first time today.....ran on 6s and slowly worked my way up from 50/75/100 throttle on the transmitter. Didn't even pull the throttle half way on 100 and it flipped on to it's lid and scratched my new body ?.....

Few questions.....

1) It didn't track as straight as I'd like even after adjust lying the steering trim....any suggestions to help it track straight?

2) I have a temp gun.....what are reasonable safe temps for the motor and esc?

Just ran mine for the first time today.....ran on 6s and slowly worked my way up from 50/75/100 throttle on the transmitter. Didn't even pull the throttle half way on 100 and it flipped on to it's lid and scratched my new body ?.....

Few questions.....

1) It didn't track as straight as I'd like even after adjust lying the steering trim....any suggestions to help it track straight?

2) I have a temp gun.....what are reasonable safe temps for the motor and esc?
The front tow links might be out of wack, they come like that out of box, mine was crossed eyed.

Anything under 180° motor wise is good.

congrats, you are about to embark on an endless journey of fun. welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! It's sooo easy to backflip your outcast 6s at the skate park, believe me. I did like a 15 foot jump with mine today. Maybe even higher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back