Outcast New outcast 8S question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it put back together, the receiver box isn't fitting into the chassis though. The screw holes on the bottom of the receiver box don't line up with the chassis. They are just a hair forward. Servo doesn't look like it's catching on anything, it looks like the receiver box itself doesn't fit.

People love primal RC servos. I have a 100kg one in mine. I would have bought a 70 for way less but they were out of stock. I haven't done much running but so far so good. Don't know about the receiver box. Mine went together fine. Did you hear the servo while it was connected to the servo box? May have warped the plastic if so.

From what I saw this servo is just allot bigger and doesn't fit with the saver on there. I cut out a little of the chassis to get it to fit with the saver on there. Seems to work now, just doesn't turn with the wheels on the ground for some reason. Doesn't bind or anything though. Still waiting on a castle link so I can up the BEC voltage. Should be here soon. Also got the EXB turnbuckles installed in the rear.

Did a run on it, turns ok and it does somewhat turn the wheels on the ground but I think it's because the stock voltage on the MM8Xs is 5.5v and it wants 6-7.4v . I'm sure once I can turn it up it will run fine. Motor did get up to 177by the end with 39/35 gearing. I think I'm gonna try to find some fans or something for it.

Upped the BEC voltage once I got the castle link and wheels turn fine now. Definitely has more torque than the stock servo and the steering no longer wanders left and right. I have a heatsink double fan combo coming for the motor which should keep it cooler, it was a very hot day when I ran it first time. the MMX8S never got over 120-130F, seems to be handling the truck fine. I will say that motor has some power, I gunned it from a dead stop and the truck backflipped off the line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back