Outcast New Outcast and Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larevo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'm new to Arrma as of a couple of weeks ago when I went to the local hobby shop to purchase a new Slash. That's when the guy there showed the Arrma cars and I was sold... Just seeing the difference side by side was enough for me. See I've had a 2 wheel drive slash for years which has been sitting on the shelf and was planning on getting back up and running to build a track in my backyard. I've got about 1/4 to 1/2 acre to build one which is something I've wanted to do for years. So, to shorten this story I purchased a Senton mega and installed a hobbywing brushless motor in it before I got it out of the store. 1st day ripped the pinion and spur out of it. Replaced it and the same thing happened on the 1st battery. That's when I said screw this and purchased a new Outcast. I wanted something I could bash and not have to work on so much. Not that I mind working on cars but, being new back into the hobby I wanted to drive... Got the Outcast yesterday and took the day to drive with my new 3S batteries and 6S.... Hollyshit this thing is insane compared to the Senton to say the least. I took it pretty easy on it compared to what I've seen others do with this truck on youtube... I thought.... front ball cup keeps popping off so back to the hobby shop to get the ball cup set....replaced 2 of them already and the 3rd still popping off.... tore it down found some loose screws snugged them up and back at it. Broke the rear wing off next... then it stopped steering so found out I snugged up the wheels ends to tight, fixed that and went back out. Next it stopped moving.... back to the garage and now the rear diff bearings are shot.... Any suggestions on how to prevent the ball cups from popping off so often? Metal upgrade maybe?

Granted I live in FL and it's all sand but, I thought this truck was water proof which I would think it would be sand proof to some degree... when I tore the rear diff apart its full of sand, is this normal? Or is it missing a gasket to seal the diff better? I ordered a sealed bearing set the other day which is expected today but I'm afraid if that much sand gets in there even the sealed bearings aren't going to last very long. Any suggestions on how to prevent the diff from getting full of sand other than not driving it in sand which is nearly impossible down here. Eventually I will make the track clay but until then it's goiing to be 100% sand... So far with 2 trucks, and quite a bit of $$ back into the hobby i've gotten maybe 3 hours of driving time so wasn't expecting this much trouble getting back into the hobby... sorry for the long winded post and thank you for any suggestions.... btw have metal spur in the Senton now so hopefully that issue is solved as long as I adjust the slipper I hope the gears don't get ripped out of the diff on it...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Larevo. As far as the sand getting in, the only place you might have to plug, is this one hole in the dif cover. I assume it's some type of breather hole, to allow some of the heat to exhaust. Otherwise, it's pretty air tight. Along with that, you might consider opening and shimming your difs. There's a thread in the Outcast section that explains what you need, and this link to the @Thomas P video gives you a pretty good rundown on how to do it. https://www.arrma-rc.com/tv/channel/tutorials/jylZ01QB4w8. Read up on the Outcast/Kraton/Talion checklists as well. This kind of info will help you get it to where you want with a little preventative maintenance. Lot of Florida bashers here in the forum like @cootertwo, so maybe they can chime in with some tips and tricks as well.

IMG_1561_large.jpg

Thanks for the tips... I didn't notice that hole there so I'm sure that explains the sand getting in there... I have pack of shims on the way as well.

That hole aint through, so nothing will kome in there. Its used running Typhon or Senton. Front tip of Typhon body, or part of the bumper senton
So where do you think the sand is getting in to @larevo's dif?

Try running a thin layer of silicon grease on the seal of the diff gasket, that's how i used to keep my receiver box water tight I don't know if it would make a difference to the performance, or weather it's a good idea but I'm sure someone will correct me if not

And i think.... The bearing aren't sealed am i correct? So could the sand not work it's wat through the bearing leading into the diffs?
You are correct the bearings are not sealed which is one of the reasons it got destroyed in half a day... That doesn't surprise me as much as all the sand that was in the diff case... I should have taken a picture to post. When I take the front one apart I will do that if it's full of sand like the back was. I understand saving money but the difference between sealed bearings and not sealed can't be that big of a difference when it comes to producing these cars? I don't get how they can claim water proof with non sealed bearings? The first time they get wet and not dried they are going to rust. Maybe they are just referring to the electronics being water proof? Kind of disappointing getting this truck that everyone claims can take the bashing and only lasts 3 batteries for me... I planed on something breaking eventually but, I didn't expect this so soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back