Outcast New Outcast on the way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RxMonkey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Hello All!

Just ordered a new Outcast. I've been into RC for about 20 years or so. I've had fast nitros (revo 3.3, 4tec 3.3, slayer 3.3, savage 4.6) and moved on to crawlers which is my only electric experience so far. I run 4s brushless mamba max etc. I'm ready to try a fast electric RC. I spent a ton of time reading and watching youtube to pick and am pumped to get the outcast.

I went ahead and ordered a ton of upgrades per the forum advice:
Voltage Hobbies servo mount
Savox 1210sg
CC BEC
RPM Arms & Skids
Tekno Shims
Fast Eddy Sealed bearings
4 x PowerHobby 3s 5000mAh 50c lipos

Anything else I should get?
Are the chassis braces necessary?
Shim and re-oil diffs right away?

I am not going to beat the truck much until I get very very familiar with the handling.

Thank you all!

20180323_170655.jpg
I HIGHLY recommend taking the wing off. When you crash and the truck lands on the wing it provides a lot of leverage and snaps the wing mount. I also recommend buying a T-Bone Racing HD wing mount and wheelie bar assembly.

View attachment 17752 I HIGHLY recommend taking the wing off. When you crash and the truck lands on the wing it provides a lot of leverage and snaps the wing mount. I also recommend buying a T-Bone Racing HD wing mount and wheelie bar assembly.

Gotcha. I saw your post somewhere saying you were gonna try the double wheelie bar. I don’t like wing anyhow as I don’t care for truggy appearance. Wheelie bar seems mandatory though. I’ll grab a t bone rear mount/bar thank you.

You may like T-bone front bumper

Are the chassis braces necessary?
Some people recommended from the beginning some people pretty fair Tower to Tower braces

Shim and re-oil diffs right away?
I don't they recommend you to do that from the beginning. You should get familiar with the truck first then decide how would you like to improve the handling. Keep the original oil for now.

Also I don't think you need the BEC

That’s what I saw on YouTube. A tower to tower brace. I wondered what the heck it was. I’m not going to jump it or get too crazy right away so I’ll get the braces soon. I r ally didn’t want to tear down the diffs but I will give it a once over. I’ll wait to change the diff oil too. Thanks for the suggestions!

Far as a bec they’re not too expensive and ensure the servo gets max voltage all the time. I never used one before getting a crawler. I guess I’m just used to it now. I might try it without bec and keep it for a crawler project.

That’s what I saw on YouTube. A tower to tower brace. I wondered what the heck it was. I’m not going to jump it or get too crazy right away so I’ll get the braces soon. I r ally didn’t want to tear down the diffs but I will give it a once over. I’ll wait to change the diff oil too. Thanks for the suggestions!

Far as a bec they’re not too expensive and ensure the servo gets max voltage all the time. I never used one before getting a crawler. I guess I’m just used to it now. I might try it without bec and keep it for a crawler project.

If you installed the BEC don't forget the maximum voltage for the receiver is 6 volts.

If you installed the BEC don't forget the maximum voltage for the receiver is 6 volts.

Good point. I am planning to use my own radio. I have a futaba 4pl. Far as I know it does ok with 7.4v. I am hoping my radio will work ok with the factory esc/motor. I assume it will?

Finally got my outcast last night! Good lord is this truck built stout. I’m coming from revo/savage monster trucks. The thickness of the shock towers :0 daaaaamn. It’s all I hoped it’d be and more. My neighbor came down to check it out. We were like a couple of kids. I put 3s in it with default half charge and we ran it around some. I’m honestly afraid of 6s. A half charged 3s was impressively powerful and we could both hit wheelies now and again.

I went ahead and put on rpm skids, front bumper, voltage servo mount, savox 1210sg and removed the wing. Rpm arms are still in shipping. Headed to the hobby shop today to get xt90 plugs for a charger lead. I didn’t realize deans can’t handle this high current draw.

What should I preemptively order? From browsing forums seems shock ends and spur/pinion are common breakage. I couldn’t find Robinson spur/pinion anyone have a link?

Get yourself front and rear aluminum chassis brace's. GKA are good or Voltage and shim your diffs.

Where did you purchase it? If you don’t mind me asking......

Not at all. I love rpphobby.com I’ve used them for years for crawler stuff. They ship fast and are great if you have problems. It was $499 so not on sale but they had 1 each of the orange and silver color. I grabbed the silver. They may still have the orange one if that’s why you’re asking.

Get yourself front and rear aluminum chassis brace's. GKA are good or Voltage and shim your diffs.
Picked up a set of red ones from voltage. Should look really nice. I’ll look into shimming the diffs I’m the near future. I’m going to run it a little bit before I tear into it. It’s so fun. I dialed the radio back to 50% throttle on 6s and it’s stupid powerful. This way I can incrementally add more power as I get used to the truck. Hopefully that preserves things. I’ll try full 6s but likely run it way lower than that. It incredible how it moves.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back