Outcast New Outcast Owner Advice Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaglegod

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Thanks to this forum I was able to order my Outcast, charger, batteries etc for a lot cheaper than I expected.
I may have made one mistake. I ordered two 3s packs 7600mah 75c.
I've been reading that I should have gone with two 2s packs instead because I'm liable to destroy something. I'm unfortunately tapped out after ordering all this stuff.
What should I expect and be aware of when I start running my truck?
Is there any advice you could give me so so I don't wind up destroying something on the first day?

The seller where I've buye'd it, just told me the same and I've got 2 4s 6400 90c. From what I've read around in this forum and the web in general, with 6s the chance of breakages increase considerably. I'm now at my tenth pack without breakages in 4s but I've almost avoided big airs.

Also equipped the 16t pinion. 12t in 4s is a joke.

The seller where I've buye'd it, just told me the same and I've got 2 4s 6400 90c. From what I've read around in this forum and the web in general, with 6s the chance of breakages increase considerably. I'm now at my tenth pack without breakages in 4s but I've almost avoided big airs.

Also equipped the 16t pinion. 12t in 4s is a joke.

Unfortunately I'm going to be stuck with those two 3s packs for a while because I went way over budget.
Is there any way to run them and still be relatively easy on the truck?
Is it simply just a matter of going light on the throttle? Are there any settings on the esc or transmitter I should be aware of that would help?

Unfortunately I'm going to be stuck with those two 3s packs for a while because I went way over budget.
Is there any way to run them and still be relatively easy on the truck?
Is it simply just a matter of going light on the throttle? Are there any settings on the esc or transmitter I should be aware of that would help?
Turning down the punch setting all the way might help some. You could always experiment with that a little bit.

I can't speak for the Outcast but I have ran my Typhon and Senton on 3s and they still have good torque, just have greatly reduced top speed. That's what I do when my 4 year old wants to drive lol.

One other thing I'm wondering about is should I be concerned about shimming the differentials before I do a first run?
Or is there something else I should make sure of right out of the box?

Your diffs should be fine.
Check all your bolts and your gear mesh tho.
My mesh was tight... And all my bolts were loose!

Your diffs should be fine.
Check all your bolts and your gear mesh tho.
My mesh was tight... And all my bolts were loose!

Gear mesh being the spur gear? (That's what it's called correct? )
I did buy locktite so I'll be sure to check all bolts. Will it require new shock springs /oil out of the box or is stock good enough to prevent it from bottoming out too bad?

Man I'm getting so excited it Shipped out today from tower.

Yes the mesh between the spur and pinion. Should be able to run a piece of paper through it without tearing it up and tight enough it looks like an accordion when it's out. Best way I can explain that. I'm sure there's a YouTube video out there

^^^^ What he said.
Should have a little wiggle room between the pinion and spur.
Just give the spur a wiggle from under the chassis...
Shocks should be fine depending on how youre using it. I changed oil to 60w rear and 70w front and wound the springs tighter... But i have a kraton and typhon so know how i like them set.
I still run stock springs on all... The kraton is starting to need some new ones tho.. Lots of big air will do that tho :)

What kind of other cars do you or have you owned??

Thanks to this forum I was able to order my Outcast, charger, batteries etc for a lot cheaper than I expected.
I may have made one mistake. I ordered two 3s packs 7600mah 75c.
I've been reading that I should have gone with two 2s packs instead because I'm liable to destroy something. I'm unfortunately tapped out after ordering all this stuff.
What should I expect and be aware of when I start running my truck?
Is there any advice you could give me so so I don't wind up destroying something on the first day?
I run 2 500mah 3s batteries in my outcast first week I messed up the center diff gears and stripped my pinion gear, was cheap to fix but I'm a noon too and went hard on my outcast so just take it easy a bit. I upgraded to a tekno 16t pinion gear. And secondly I would upgrade the servo and servo mount. The stock 1 has a 2 year warranty but mine went out in less than a week I guess the servo is good but pretty weak when it comes to bashing and the servo mount is plastic. I'm going to use the warranty and have the stock as back up but I upgraded the servo to a hitec hs-8330sh. I was going to go with the hitec hs-7955tg but I wanted more turning speed that torque. I figured since my outcast isn't really a crawler I rather have turning speed than torque. So If I was you i would upgrade the servo and servo mount

Thanks sorry if I asked a dumb question I'm new to this hobby on my been in it for a little over a week now
There aren't any stupid questions. Rather ask and find out than never know. Everyone has been new to everything at some point!!

Thanks sorry if I asked a dumb question I'm new to this hobby on my been in it for a little over a week now
Rather you ask then have your rc go up in smoke lol. Don't be afraid to ask any question here....well as long as it's got to do with rcs lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back