Outcast New Outcast Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Man

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello guys I just purchased the Outcast online and should be here this week. I have one main question. And I'm sure it's beat down... I want to run 6s and I already have two 3s 5200 mah SMC Hardcase lipos. Will they fit in this rig? They are rather tall being Hardcase. Otherwise I'm going to have to get others. Any good 3s lipos for a reasonable price you guys use? Thanks!!!

Gorley

The SMC dual 3's hard cases will be a pain to strap in I would think. Turnigy batteries have held up very well for me. I've had nothing but trouble with SMC's lately, but they made good of it. They did replace everything.... which was cool. It seems like you have to turn the LVC way up on SMC's...like 3.6V. I kept getting a lazy cell in the SMC's and puffing it . My replaced ones seem ok now.
I've tortured Turnigy's and never had these issues. This could happen to any batch of Lipo's. SMC got right back to me, spent time figuring out what was going on and decided to send me all new. I will continue to do business with them because of that but will also try another Turnigy soon.

In my opinion....I rather run one 6S than 2 3S. Less wire, easier to strap in. I feel it's easier on the ESC if you have less wire and connectors. Extra Caps help also. I sometimes run lipo alarms now so I'll have a better idea of how the Lipo is performing.

Last edited:
The SMC dual 3's hard cases will be a pain to strap in I would think. Turnigy batteries have held up very well for me. I've had nothing but trouble with SMC's lately, but they made good of it. They did replace everything.... which was cool. It seems like you have to turn the LVC way up on SMC's...like 3.6V. I kept getting a lazy cell in the SMC's and puffing it . My replaced ones seem ok now.
I've tortured Turnigy's and never had these issues. This could happen to any batch of Lipo's. SMC got right back to me, spent time figuring out what was going on and decided to send me all new. I will continue to do business with them because of that but will also try another Turnigy soon.

In my opinion....I rather run one 6S than 2 3S. Less wire, easier to strap in. I feel it's easier on the ESC if you have less wire and connectors. Extra Caps help also. I sometimes run lipo alarms now so I'll have a better idea of how the Lipo is performing.
Thanks for the input. I guess I will look into a single 6s pack. Probably get two of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to adjust the low voltage setting on the Outcast ESC right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back