Outcast New Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
Just ordered my outcast. This ole Fart is excited, Kraton, Talion, Nero and now The Outcast. I would have to say my RC fleet is looking good. Thanks for the input on my other thread, You guys are the reason I'm buying it.

Good luck with your outcast.. I either got a lemon, or I suck at driving my cars, cuz i kept having issues with mine breaking.. everything from font bumper, front/rear diff holders, shocks, rear wing supports, a-arms, front/rear chassis mounts, servo mounts.. I took mine out for total of 30 mins, and 2 runs, all on 4s. one time i hit a curb, and the other was some mild jumps over a snow embankment.

Just ordered my outcast. This ole Fart is excited, Kraton, Talion, Nero and now The Outcast. I would have to say my RC fleet is looking good. Thanks for the input on my other thread, You guys are the reason I'm buying it.

Congrats! You are going to love it. It's a short wheelbase Kraton so you should have the same durability as your Kraton and Talion. It will be a lot of fun trying to keep all the wheels on the ground....or not on the ground...your choice. ..lol!

Congrats! You are going to love it. It's a short wheelbase Kraton so you should have the same durability as your Kraton and Talion. It will be a lot of fun trying to keep all the wheels on the ground....or not on the ground...your choice. ..lol!
I know I'm gonna love it, I think my grandson is more excited than me. So many positive posts about it, I can't go wrong. So far the only negative post are from obvious Traxxas trolls.

I'm not a Traxxas troll. I own both and I don't like my outcast. I'm gonna sell it. Just broke the front diff on my 3rd run

Dude!
WTF...O.K...so I am going to venture a guess here - it is NOT your driving skills, you got a lemon - straight up.
I don't blame you for feeling slighted by the Outcast.
That said, it is an awesome RC based on my limited experience...
I hope the Kraton you won proves more reliable.
Arrma's QC can be a little subject in some cases (minor things here and there...and not unlike most other brands from what I gather), but overall their product offering/line up seems solid...so your Outcast issues appear to be the exception to the rule.

Last edited:
Dude!
WTF...O.K...so I am going to venture a guess here - it is NOT your driving skills, you got a lemon - straight up.
I don't blame you for feeling slighted by the Outcast.
That said, it is an awesome RC based on my limited experience...
I hope the Kraton you won proves more reliable.
Arrma's QC can be a little subject in some cases (minor things here and there...and not unlike most other brands from I hear), but overall their product offering/line up seems solid...so your Outcast issues appear to be the exception to the rule.
A lemon is possible, I had a lemon Nero.

I'm not a Traxxas troll. I own both and I don't like my outcast. I'm gonna sell it. Just broke the front diff on my 3rd run

Well I own an outcast plus many more rc. They all break and alot of time it is how we drive them. Also fixing and modding is half the fun. If you don't like fixing and modding take up a different hobby. I have seen all your posts and they are all either it sucks or I hate it and I am going to sell it. Also keep bringing up traxxas on an arrma forum... Just saying.... Either your truck was a lemon....but you have replaced over half it now and it still breaks.. So now either bad mechanic or driver??? Either way just hurry up and sell it so we can all come on here and learn and share things about arrma trucks. Not traxxas

Old fart you made a great decision. The outcast is crazy and just begs for more. I have many crawlers and bashers from minis to 1/5 scale and I must say the outcast just makes me laugh every time I drive it. Definitely my favorite rc right now

Great to hear about your expansion. As others have said you should expect the durability of your Kraton. 20yr old Niece and her boyfriend wanted a demo last nite. Backflips off trees and hills, speed runs, throwing dirt, wheelies, spills, slides, crashes, and cartwheels. Nothing broken. The boyfriend even remarked how he couldn't believe the Outcasts toughness. The Outcast is amazing, I run it 4-5 times a week. I don't envy your wait......I know it well, I'm waiting on another RC myself. Have fun.

Well I own an outcast plus many more rc. They all break and alot of time it is how we drive them. Also fixing and modding is half the fun. If you don't like fixing and modding take up a different hobby. I have seen all your posts and they are all either it sucks or I hate it and I am going to sell it. Also keep bringing up traxxas on an arrma forum... Just saying.... Either your truck was a lemon....but you have replaced over half it now and it still breaks.. So now either bad mechanic or driver??? Either way just hurry up and sell it so we can all come on here and learn and share things about arrma trucks. Not traxxas

Old fart you made a great decision. The outcast is crazy and just begs for more. I have many crawlers and bashers from minis to 1/5 scale and I must say the outcast just makes me laugh every time I drive it. Definitely my favorite rc right now
Guilty as charged. Just got so used to the durability of my Kraton and Talion, the only reason I work on them is to upgrade, nothing ever brakes on them.

The outcast is my first arrma and won't be my last... I agree old fart all other rcs I tend to fix and modify. The outcast I have upgraded to a voltage servo clamp and changed diff fluids and shock springs along with shock oil and it has been running strong. I will be buying a Kraton this spring also. Arrma has great prices for what u get and they seem to listen to the customers... I think I found my new favorite brand rc.

I know you aren't a traxxas troll because I have seen you post pictures of your rigs. My question is, why do you stay on the forums if you plan on selling both of your Arrma's?

I haven't broken anything...had the truck for all of 2 months and all I have done is upgrade and mod.
I can honestly say I love that aspect of this hobby.
Everything I do just makes it a little better/more bulletproof...getting ready for the day when I decide to punish it!! Lol

Guilty as charged. Just got so used to the durability of my Kraton and Talion, the only reason I work on them is to upgrade, nothing ever brakes on them.

I can say I've put my outcast thru more BS in two runs than any of the three ecx ruckus I have. I wouldn't dream of doing standing flips. Climbing walls. And doing wall flips with them it the stampede I have. Freaking truck is nuts. I have a voltage servo mount, skid plates and a TBone bumper coming. After that will look at shock springs and maybe changing oils all way round. I run it in 4s, 2- gen ace 7000's. and run time was around 50 mins. And that was a lot of full speed runs and wheelies. I also have 2- 3s batteries. It's crazy on it. Standing flips, with pump only at 5. I let the kids drive it already and do flips. And let fiancé drive it. And she can break a tank. So far it's the only one we haven't broke. And we've played pretty dam hard with it. First RC we've actually bashed. Can't wait to play more and more. One tough SOB so far. I'm sure it will break sooner or later. But I'm also sure it will prob be our fault. Landing wrong or hitting something. My ruckus I had was crazy fast. Everything in it was upgraded and had a castle creations sct 3800kv. I believe the outcast stock in 6s might even be faster. For sure stronger and easier to control. I ain't got the landings down yet one small jumps. Tends to noise down. But that's my bad. Cause I always had to let completely off throttle in ecx to keep from breaking shafts. Wheels. Etc.
can't wait to hear when ya get it. I've already thought about selling a ruckus or two and getting a kraton to go with this.

Have you done any hop ups to it, or is it bone stock?

bought an outcast for my girlfriend to use. she hasn't managed to break it. only i managed to break the front bumper doing a big backflip nose dive on 6s in cold weather.

Yeah I need to get one myself...
Once you have installed take a pic of you don't mind, I am curious to see how it fits/looks.
Wasn't sure about the fitment...given that it is rounded, and appears to be tailored to the Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back