Outcast new outcast4s owner themal problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catspajamas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
hi everyone

So i just got my first Arrma RC A outcast 4s
Here is how my first run went .
I went out with 2 fully charged and balanced 2s lipos 5000mah 60c
I was running the truck on a huge asphalt parking lot back n forth getting use to it..
I went for about 3-4 minutes having a great time ...... then the truck stopped
The truck would steer but no forward or reverse..
The esc was blinking red.. so i felt the esc to check the temperature .. it was completely cold.. no trace of any heat. i assumed the truck had just eaten all the battery juice. but i didn't bring my battery voltage checker with me.
i turned it off for 5 minutes and back on .. same thing .. no forward or reverse.. steering yes
i drove home.. tested when I got home about 15 minute drive.. same thing.. no forward or reverse

this was a cool day .. flat asphalt. the truck hasn't even see dirt yet or done a single jump .. all fans working
when i got home tested my batteries. i had honestly though the RC must have just run the batteries dead.. but all cells tested were sitting at 3.84v
1 day later I put the same batteries in . I left them at the same 3.84 volt because that storage voltage
and the RC works. forward reverse and steering.

so what's going on here? bad esc ?
is the truck supposed to thermal after 4 minutes on flat asphalt ?
i also did all proper start up calibration to the truck
if someone could give me some info on running time and conditions
or is this just all bad luck here with a brand new RC?
Thanks

When you say fully charged and balanced, what were the cell voltages at full charge? At 3.84v per cell, you could be hitting LVC, not thermal. I’m thinking the cells weren’t fully charged to start. What charger do you have?

When you say fully charged and balanced, what were the cell voltages at full charge? At 3.84v per cell, you could be hitting LVC, not thermal. I’m thinking the cells weren’t fully charged to start. What charger do you have?
I've run batteries from a storage charge and gotten more run time than what the op described. How do you hit LVC at 3.84 per cell on a stock BLX ESC?

When I said fully charged
That means fully charged. 4.20v all cells at the start , it ran the batteries down to 3.84 then shut off.
Balanced charger. And I have a hand voltage tester to extra check the cells
These are batteries I run all the time in my Hpi
This is not a battery issue.

Is this normal or should I be calling Arrma ?
TBH I think this is brutal out of the box stalk.

Last edited:
Well I can tell you it wasn't thermal shutoff. If it were, you would have had a blinking GREEN light, not red. I'm not sure if it's a radio issue since you never lost steering. If it happens again I would contact Horizon Support and see if they will send you a new ESC.

When I said fully charged
That means fully charged. 4.20v all cells at the start , it ran the batteries down to 3.84 then shut off.
Balanced charger. And I have a hand voltage tester to extra check the cells
These are batteries I run all the time in my Hpi
This is not a battery issue.

Is this normal or should I be calling Arrma ?
TBH I think this is brutal out of the box stalk.
In that case, it’s either the ESC cable/connector to the battery, the ESC itself, or a motor wire. Somewhere the voltage is dropping and making the ESC think it’s at LVC.

What is the LVC set to on these? Your batts. may be faulty or just POS, I don't know what brand you have, and they may be having major voltage sag and dipping below the LVC.

What is the LVC set to on these? Your batts. may be faulty or just POS, I don't know what brand you have, and they may be having major voltage sag and dipping below the LVC.

well the fact that i put the same batteries back in 1 day later and it works on the left over 3.8v per cell./ i was able to full throttle it and no problems. And i run the batteries in my HPI rc with a Castle Creations esc combo with no problems at all... i duno what to think..
im gong to try running it again in the next couple days and see how it goes
puss i ordered a new single 4s 5000mah 60c battery that should bee here in the mail soon

hi everyone

So i just got my first Arrma RC A outcast 4s
Here is how my first run went .
I went out with 2 fully charged and balanced 2s lipos 5000mah 60c
I was running the truck on a huge asphalt parking lot back n forth getting use to it..
I went for about 3-4 minutes having a great time ...... then the truck stopped
The truck would steer but no forward or reverse..
The esc was blinking red.. so i felt the esc to check the temperature .. it was completely cold.. no trace of any heat. i assumed the truck had just eaten all the battery juice. but i didn't bring my battery voltage checker with me.
i turned it off for 5 minutes and back on .. same thing .. no forward or reverse.. steering yes
i drove home.. tested when I got home about 15 minute drive.. same thing.. no forward or reverse

this was a cool day .. flat asphalt. the truck hasn't even see dirt yet or done a single jump .. all fans working
when i got home tested my batteries. i had honestly though the RC must have just run the batteries dead.. but all cells tested were sitting at 3.84v
1 day later I put the same batteries in . I left them at the same 3.84 volt because that storage voltage
and the RC works. forward reverse and steering.

so what's going on here? bad esc ?
is the truck supposed to thermal after 4 minutes on flat asphalt ?
i also did all proper start up calibration to the truck
if someone could give me some info on running time and conditions
or is this just all bad luck here with a brand new RC?
Thanks
I'm there w/ you! I just got my Outcast 6s and on it's second (really its first 'real' run) i used it in an open baseball field. Flat, lawn and dirt... After 10 mins of letting it loose it stopped.... I thought the same, batteries dead already? No way?! In any case, I reset and it'll turn green for a sec, pull the trigger and it goes red on me. I have to send them my purchase receipt and video in order to start a claim.... Not happy seeing I just dropped $599.... ugh....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back