Kraton New owner, diffs seem to be slipping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskeybacon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi there,
I got a new-to-me low use V2 Kraton. Two days ago I was running on 6s, in the snow, and had to end my run early because the diffs started to slip. The motor was turning but I was getting no tire rotation.
I let the vehicle dry out then ran it again today, there was less slipping but I still wasn't getting full power to the wheels.
Please advise me on what to do to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
I got a new-to-me low use V2 Kraton. Two days ago I was running on 6s, in the snow, and had to end my run early because the diffs started to slip. The motor was turning but I was getting no tire rotation.
I let the vehicle dry out then ran it again today, there was less slipping but I still wasn't getting full power to the wheels.
Please advise me on what to do to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Check your pinion gear. If the motor is spinning and the wheels aren't turning it might have come loose.

Thanks for the tip, the pinion was secure, I pulled the motor, pulled the pinion, reinstalled it and still have the same issue.

Thanks for the tip, the pinion was secure, I pulled the motor, pulled the pinion, reinstalled it and still have the same issue.

So, does the front and rear drive shafts spin with the same speed as the center diff? The cups behind the front or rear diff could have come loose also.

I figured it out!
The left rear outboard dogbone is missing! It must have come out during my first bash and I never noticed.
Thanks for your help :)

How is that even possible lol
Remember, I'm a total newbie with this truck, it's my first 6s.

I launched off a very high embankment and I couldn't see the landing (it was behind the embankment). The truck cartwheeled before landing so I think it came down on its wing then fell on its wheels.

I was shocked that everything was OK but I'm pretty sure that I broke the rear gear case on that landing. I continued to drive the truck for a while until I couldn't get power to the wheels.

When I examined the truck I thought that the rear shock tower was supposed to swing back and forth. After all, why else would there be multiple posts for shock tower braces.

I'm a goof :)

Remember, I'm a total newbie with this truck, it's my first 6s.

I launched off a very high embankment and I couldn't see the landing (it was behind the embankment). The truck cartwheeled before landing so I think it came down on its wing then fell on its wheels.

I was shocked that everything was OK but I'm pretty sure that I broke the rear gear case on that landing. I continued to drive the truck for a while until I couldn't get power to the wheels.

When I examined the truck I thought that the rear shock tower was supposed to swing back and forth. After all, why else would there be multiple posts for shock tower braces.

I'm a goof :)
Well at least thats the best way of getting to know your car! ;)

I'm having the same problem with my less than a month old Kraton and I'm not a newbie I've been thru every inch of the driveline etc .. im at a loss...

Any other thoughts after all the obvious causes are eliminated??

Could you provide us with more information? Is it making any funny noises? You mentioned that you went through every inch of the driveline...could you list the things you went over? It could be something as simple as the cups at the end of the diffs...they could look fine but not have enough pressure that they just spin. It could be one of the dog bones is missing a pin at the end. It also could be a pin missing in one of the hubs. It could also be more complex such as a gear broke inside the diff. There are so many things that could be causing the issue.

I know there could be dozens of reasons from the obvious like missing dogbones to tiny things like the hub pins and I'm pretty sure i have eliminated most of them. The only thing that I haven't dealt with is having a steel spur gear before but I don't think its mesh related.

I basicially started at the pinion and worked my way to the lugnut

I know there could be dozens of reasons from the obvious like missing dogbones to tiny things like the hub pins and I'm pretty sure i have eliminated most of them. The only thing that I haven't dealt with is having a steel spur gear before but I don't think its mesh related.

I basicially started at the pinion and worked my way to the lugnut

When you press throttle while holding the car on a loose surface, do both front and rear wheels spin?

Once u put any load or resistance no they don't all 4 off the ground they do but doesn't sound close to rite and sounds even worse when there's a load on em

On my 2nd trip thru the truck goin from wheels to motor the cause finally surfaced. The front spline gear was history it basically looked like an umbrella I've never seen anything like it beacause it looked perfect while being in the diff it turned smooth no shavings nothing. I happened to have another gear from an old truck of mine that fit perfectly. Thank y'all for helping I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back