Typhon New owner, Typhon diff problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kief2007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I bought the Typhon after having such great luck with the outcast. I ran it for less than 5 mins and my rear wheels started spinning much slower than the front. When I press the throttle while holding the car on a loose surface, only the front wheels spin now. (keep in mind this car is brand new, running less than a few moments) I checked the front and rear drive shafts to make sure they both spin with the same speed as the center diff. I also checked the cups behind the front or rear diff to make sure it wasn't loose as well. I checked the dog bone pins, pinion gear and listened for any funny noises. All of this worked as it should..... I can actually hold the center driveshaft and cup - leading into the rear diff, and still spin the rear wheels. The rear wheels both spin and I feel no pressure on the driveshaft to make it turn. It's like it isn't connected. Anyone has any advise? Its hard to believe the rear diff is damaged so soon.

I can hold one wheel but the other side doesn't spin, it clicks with each turn.

I'm assuming it's the rear diff but not sure how?

My hobby store said the exact same thing!!! I'll go over all of the diff cups and let you know how it goes. Thanks

98% for sure, the set screw on the diff input cup is loose. With all the Loctite Arrma uses in other places, they somehow seem to miss this screw on half the cars, and it WILL back out without some kind of thread locker.

I lost a diff cup a few minutes ago, from the rear diff. Thing is, I've loctite this same diff cup 5 times now (including just now). I am using the blue loctite, maybe I need to order the red. Oh and pinion was loose again as well. Done the pinion 3 times now.

edit...ordered red loctite. love me some amazon prime!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back