Typhon New paddle tires are binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach21

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys wondering if I could get some advice. Got new paddle tires for my typhon v4 and the hex holes in the rim look to be to deep letting the rims rub on the hubs. I don’t want to to use hex extensions if I don’t have to. I noticed the Kraton hex’s have a couple of extra mm’s but I don’t think the pin holes will line up or will they? Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Just changing the hex will not be enough, it needs to match the length of the axle.
The Kraton axles are much longer than the Typhon (+11mm), which will require a wider hubs (+8mm) that the Kraton has, plus the +3mm hexes.

Another option is the Talion axles (front/rear) which are just 3mm longer, so they use the standard (Typhon) hubs. They need to be matched with the +3mm hexes, or i guess you can just shim your Typhon hexes..

Anyway you're looking into a 40$-60$ of parts.. not sure it worth it.

You can run the 1/8 GRP tyres without adapters. The 1/5 scale are too large.

I know the 1/5 are large but I would love a tire width of about 50mm to 55mm so I’m hoping maybe I can find something reasonable in the 1/5 range. Also trying to solve my tire rub issue. I’m still just throwing some ideas around and seeing what others are doing. Anyone got any ideas on a very short hub extension? I don’t want to create a weak point just get these tires to fit properly. The good news is the tires came unglued so if I have to I can always just change rims. These are 1/5 tires and rims and look to be reasonable.

1589758127486.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back