Felony New paint job on my felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb32935

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Probably gonna mess it up first hit.

image.jpg

It’s the “it’ll buff out” special
2nd coat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I noticed the same thing. Is this something new? I've always painted interior.

I noticed the same thing. Is this something new? I've always painted interior.
I've painted the outside of all my stocker bodies. Sure, it doesn't last forever but the lexan gets trashed & I buy another one. Good, cheap way to add my personal flavor to a boring stock body 🙂🤷‍♂️

20221113_172648.jpg

20221019_210037.jpg

20221019_210117.jpg

20221019_210021.jpg

20220613_073817.jpg

20220613_073906.jpg

20220526_015241.jpg

20220526_015213.jpg

20220526_015257.jpg

Are you painting the outside of that?
Yes. It’s not a new body it’s the one it came with that’s got a bunch of scratches and scuffs. Usually you’re supposed to paint the inside but it won’t work unless I remove what’s there or get a new clear one. I can barely see it when it’s far so I just wanted it to be more noticeable at distance. Very worst case scenario I order another one. But should be able to tell it better at distance maybe.

6BF1219A-4170-4576-800F-25AC16C9C607.jpeg

I've painted the outside of all my stocker bodies. Sure, it doesn't last forever but the lexan gets trashed & I buy another one. Good, cheap way to add my personal flavor to a boring stock body 🙂🤷‍♂️

View attachment 265999

View attachment 266000

View attachment 266001

View attachment 266002

View attachment 266004

View attachment 266005

View attachment 266006

View attachment 266007

View attachment 266008
Yes painting my stock body too.
I've done that too but never on a brand-new lid.
Oh it’s definitely a used body lol crashed it testing the chute under my wife’s car at Mach Jesus. Have a lot of crashes actually. Maybe I shouldn’t be piloting this thing, but it’s fun. No one died yet. 😁
Undercoat it with silver, gives it a beat up look when you do crash. Seen that before and want to do it myself.

Likely the silver would chip away too but worth trying imo
I should have tried that. I went cheap cause it’s just the body that came with it and I used just whatever I had in the garage. I wish I would have seen this before. I would have done a silver undercoat. But it’s black underneath. So I guess we will still see if it works.

Last edited:
Thanks man. It’s the new worn in look 😂
I did some...interesting stuff with my original Infraction V2 body as well. When my buddy got the silver one (same as mine) I figured it's a bad idea to thrash around with with two identical looking cars because it just takes a split second when the cars are near one another and suddenly you think you're piloting you're car...but you're looking at the wrong one, wondering why your buddy just plowed into a wall at full chat.

So I stripped most of the silver out except for the wheel wells and painted it black. After a little while I thought, "Why not paint the outside?" and I hit it with a couple of coats of gray granite texture paint and then painted that white.
1672434402554.jpeg

I did some...interesting stuff with my original Infraction V2 body as well. When my buddy got the silver one (same as mine) I figured it's a bad idea to thrash around with with two identical looking cars because it just takes a split second when the cars are near one another and suddenly you think you're piloting you're car...but you're looking at the wrong one, wondering why your buddy just plowed into a wall at full chat.

So I stripped most of the silver out except for the wheel wells and painted it black. After a little while I thought, "Why not paint the outside?" and I hit it with a couple of coats of gray granite texture paint and then painted that white.
View attachment 266071
Bro looks badass like that.

Bro looks badass like that.
Thanks man, I really dug the way it looked too. When I did my Lamborghini body, I painted that from the outside as well, even though I had a clear body. I find exterior paintjobs just have a very different look about them. I like it and I really like how that Felony turned out.

View attachment 266071
How does Yellow not negate Gray? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1672434402554.jpg

Dooooood....

That sucks man! Good thing is you can touch it up easy. (y)

The lights block the rear spoiler's ability to do its job, no?
Ah, gotcha. I don't think so honestly. I didn't really get to test the wing as much as I might have liked before I moved on to a lower slung 765 body so the efectiveness of the wing is still debatable. It's an active aero spoiler with a very pronounced aero foil on the bottom in the hopes that it would generate aerodynamic downforce at the rear while on the gas and functioned as an airbrake, the idea taken from cars like the Veyron.

I mean, I'm sure it interfered with the spoiler to some degree or another, but it's not like I did any aerodynamic modeling or simulations to figure it out. The spoiler was really just a proof of concept for something I built from various bits and pieces I had laying around. The hinge was made from a scrap piece of aluminum tubing and the pin that went through it was part of a screw that I "turned" down using a power drill and a metal file. There were no plans drawn up for the spoiler. I just wanted to see if I could make a functional active aero wing for both straight line speed and braking. It was connected to the throttle so it would go lower the more throttle I gave it and rise up when I hit the brakes.
1672442579706.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back